Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Maia
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: MalekIsWeird
Your Roleplay Name: Omar Asfour
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:137872891

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5 Administrative threads

Why should this appeal be considered?: I argue my post was technically speaking on behalf of TMac and the defense whilst actually inquiring about a crucial segment to the investigation. Me asking that effectively just makes the life of whichever staff takes care of that Action Request that little bit easier because the person making it will know they actually MUST provide a recording including their own voice to stand any chance in proving said allegations with viable evidence. This is something naturally staff would say and I was saying it for them on behalf of the defense so that I can be *helpful* not so I can be in breach of a forum rule and get my self punished. So I hope at the very least this clears up the misunderstanding and ideally my punishment of that warning can be lifted.

Additional Information: Message which got me punished:

Hello, I saw your clip and I just wanted to drop by and give some critical advice to the Action Request.

You uploaded a medal clip but you failed to record your voice, we don't know if you actually gave them orders therefore your evidence isn't really all that useful to your case of proving the aft allegations.

If you don't possess any means to get a recording of the scene with your voice in it the last resort might be to use another player's demo who was on scene to confirm you personally did in fact order surrender from the suspect before he began drawing his firearm.

Reaction score
I will say here the same thing I said to you when you replied to a DM on the forums.

I just wanted to drop by and give some critical advice to the Action Request.
Giving your "critical advice" is not something that is useful. Not only you were not involved in the situation as now you claim to be speaking "in behalf of tmac" but I bet he did not ask you for it.

If the Staff Member dealing with the AR thinks that the evidence is insufficient he will say so, as for your reply, the rule is pretty clear , you gave no relevant information and were not involved. If everyone just replies to threads to give "critical advice" and/or "speak on behalf" of ohers without them asking for it then what's the point of having the rule?

Considering your record on the forums I thought you had already grasped that this is not something that is allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.