Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Scoot
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: ICEKILLER_99
Your Roleplay Name: Caneye Sitsur
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:87262869

Why were you punished?: 2.1, 3.11- User pushed an afk player with their car, stating it was because others were swarming the player because he had a sniper on his back

Why should this appeal be considered?: I'm gonna start off by mentioning 3.11, it doesn't apply whatsoever to this situation as the only thing mentioned in 3.11 is that you may not use props to move things, which I clearly didn't do.

As for 2.1, I believe I was going a reasonable speed to not cause any significant/any damage at all to the player I was pushing. Scoot mentioned that pushing people with your car is unrealistic as it would damage them, but when confronted with the question as to why pushing an AFK person randomly just because he had a sniper on his back isn't unrealistic, he mentioned that it doesn't do any damage. The speed I was going did not cause any damage to Dom at all, which according to what Scoot said would not be considered unrealistic. Now obviously this isn't one of my main points in this dispute, but more of a side note.

As I respawned, I saw Dom with an M82 on his back at bank, so I ran to CG to spawn my car. When I drove back to him, I saw 4 people gathered around him, some of which were pushing him for whatever reason. Obviously I can't get out and push him with my fists as I would be overpowered and it wouldn't really do anything as they can just push against me and it wouldn't get Dom anywhere. I decided to use my vehicle to push him into a safe spot, as to not lose his M82 just because some people want to minge about and push him somewhere, possibly to kill him and take it. In my video you can hear one of them saying something along the lines of "you run him over, I'll take his gun", and the little child in the black lexus also mentioning something about Dom's gun but I unfortunately couldn't understand him. I believe this further solidifies my defence, because just based off of that alone, it seems like they were trying to just steal his gun for no reason (in public).

As for pushing him with my vehicle, as said before I believe I was driving at a reasonable speed as to not cause any damage to Dom (~5 mp/h). Realistically, he could have just been holding onto the hood with no issues whatsoever, but as he was AFK and being harassed by random people for the M82 on his back, he obviously couldn't roleplay that out.

The last part of 2.1 mentions "exceptions can be made where appropriate - any such Exceptions are purely determined by an administrator’s discretion." I believe this applies to this situation, as I was just trying to get him away from an aids situation, where no one would have been negatively affected, had it not been for the people minging about and pushing Dom in order to steal his M82.

Going to post the evidence here, as I tried to open up a new line in the evidence line, but it posted the appeal instead.

My POV (demo):

POV from the guy that reported me (only like the first 2 and a half minutes apply to this situation but apparently people still don't know how to cut videos in 2024): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/c...e=cr-MSxidDEsMjA0OTU1NDQ4LA?mobilebypass=true

Reaction score
the medal clip has been deleted by the person that reported me, but fortunately @Sorle has downloaded it! Thank you sorle!!!!

Reaction score

We do not believe you violated 3.11 during this situation, however 2.1 will stay in place.

Realistically a vehicle would not be able to move someone in such a way. In this situation you would be better of leaving the situation as it is, the players were not doing anything wrong. If the situation had taken such a turn where the rules had been broken by anyone involved you should open a report and it will be resolved in-game.

Reviewed with @3izu