Warning Dispute (Sean (I definitely see his point so I wouldn't like any action against him))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Sean (I definitely see his point so I wouldn't like any action against him)
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: African Joe
Your Roleplay Name: Harry Slayer
Your SteamID: Steam_0:0:76561198175080269

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5 (I believe)

Why should this appeal be considered?: First of all I'd like to state I'm new. I don't expect this to impact how I'm treated when it comes to having the warn removed AT ALL but i would like it stated so a staff member can point out how i could handle the situation better if this warning is deemed valid.

The warning I feel did not take in account what the forums states, nor what the situation dictated.
There were three reasons I decided killing Dinkle was the best cause of action
From my eyes this is what went down.
1: (As shown in the video) Dinkleberry actively undermines my pricing. If you watch my demo (don't know how it works but I assume you can view it) You'll see I had raised this issue at least twice (ish) before with him, threatening if he didn't stop purposely lowering his prices under mine I would take action

2: (As shown in the video) There was a large item acquisition, in which me and dinkleberry were actively trying to gain the favour of the participant. In this clip you can see me warn Dinkleberry if he carries on I will end his life.

3: (As shown in the video) I equip a firearm, not purposely aiming it at anyone, simply taking it out the box. Turning round and putting it away (I had a feeling dinkleberry would try and harm me doing the rest of the acquisition), Dinkleberry then starts insulting me. And after this runs to the police and tells them that I was threatening people with a firearm. This of course would be the following laws (They stack correct? That is what i have been informed)

7.3 Possession of Offensive Weapons
Misdemeanor - liable to 2 years maximum imprisonment, $2,500 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

7.5 Displayal of Offensive Weapons
Felony - liable to 2 years maximum imprisonment, $4,000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

9.3 Threat of Physical Harm
Felony - liable to 3 years maximum imprisonment and $2,500 maximum fine.

9.8 Reckless Endangerment
Felony - Liable to 4 years imprisonment and $4000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

Leading to three felonies and one misdemeanor. Resulting in 11years in prison and $13,000 dollars in fines.

Now. in the clip i managed to lie to the officer about the situation just to ensure I am not arrested, though, If dinkleberry made another false accusation i might not be so lucky. He already clearly had a distaste for me and due to this I was very on edge. And decided the best action to protect myself was remove the possible danger, I did this (well at least i believe) in accordance to 2.5 (the only regulations i found on killing someone was under there). I don't mean this in a rude or disrespectful way but it seems quite vague on what is or isn't allowed, I assumed that due to me not just killing him for insulting me I was fine.

I'd also like to point out that via rule 3.3 Realistic Actions, As a criminal. I feel i acted realistically, this was actually an argument that was displayed by sean saying that realism does not matter when i raised this point (Or something that summarised to that, I did paraphrase into the context I took what I said).

Overall I feel I had the right to shoot dinkleberry, I was worried for my safety,business and also the future of my life. Sean said that i'd be justified if I was arrested. But i'd like to argue that following 3.4,3.6 I need to try and keep myself alive and safe, and I imagine this includes avoiding being arrested and put in danger.

Additional Information: Sorry for how choppy and out of place the clip is. My recording software picked up my open mic and it involved a conversation between my partner and mother. Which i'd rather be private. I left all parts that didn't involve any private information (i believe. PLEASE tell me if there is a private moment so i can remove and edit the footage)

Last edited:

A1L

Reaction score

1: (As shown in the video) Dinkleberry actively undermines my pricing. If you watch my demo (don't know how it works but I assume you can view it) You'll see I had raised this issue at least twice (ish) before with him, threatening if he didn't stop purposely lowering his prices under mine I would take action

This is not a valid reason to kill.

2: (As shown in the video) There was a large item acquisition, in which me and dinkleberry were actively trying to gain the favour of the participant. In this clip you can see me warn Dinkleberry if he carries on I will end his life.

You can threaten him sure, however you can not kill him as like I stated above.

3: (As shown in the video) I equip a firearm, not purposely aiming it at anyone, simply taking it out the box. Turning round and putting it away (I had a feeling dinkleberry would try and harm me doing the rest of the acquisition), Dinkleberry then starts insulting me. And after this runs to the police and tells them that I was threatening people with a firearm. This of course would be the following laws (They stack correct? That is what i have been informed)

No video evidence is provided so it's hard to say regarding this one, but as he's told the police on you, it could've also been for your previous threats.
7.3 Possession of Offensive Weapons
Misdemeanor - liable to 2 years maximum imprisonment, $2,500 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

7.5 Displayal of Offensive Weapons
Felony - liable to 2 years maximum imprisonment, $4,000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

9.3 Threat of Physical Harm
Felony - liable to 3 years maximum imprisonment and $2,500 maximum fine.

9.8 Reckless Endangerment
Felony - Liable to 4 years imprisonment and $4000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

Laws do not stack.

ow. in the clip i managed to lie to the officer about the situation just to ensure I am not arrested, though, If dinkleberry made another false accusation i might not be so lucky. He already clearly had a distaste for me and due to this I was very on edge. And decided the best action to protect myself was remove the possible danger, I did this (well at least i believe) in accordance to 2.5 (the only regulations i found on killing someone was under there). I don't mean this in a rude or disrespectful way but it seems quite vague on what is or isn't allowed, I assumed that due to me not just killing him for insulting me I was fine.

As you managed to lie to the officer and get out of it without your firearm being confiscated, you not being charged at all I don't see anything of his actions being negative actions which are a proportionate escalation for you to kill them

Overall I feel I had the right to shoot dinkleberry, I was worried for my safety,business and also the future of my life. Sean said that i'd be justified if I was arrested. But i'd like to argue that following 3.4,3.6 I need to try and keep myself alive and safe, and I imagine this includes avoiding being arrested and put in danger.

Unfortunately not, such as the reasons given above, this is not a proportionate escalation for what he had done, seeing as you have also not really committed any major crime and that you had any action taken by the police on you, such as your firearm being confiscated and no ticket/jail sentence for this, but regardless would be excessive as you did indeed threaten their life.

Sorry for how choppy and out of place the clip is. My recording software picked up my open mic and it involved a conversation between my partner and mother. Which i'd rather be private. I left all parts that didn't involve any private information (i believe. PLEASE tell me if there is a private moment so i can remove and edit the footage)

There is no video evidence provided, but from all the information you had stated, the warning is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.