Weapons changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/weapon-changes.35462/ thanks @Mage for actually putting in effort so i dont have to, I made some changes though

Main idea:
  • Reduce shotgun pellet damage slightly (forces you to hit all pellets to insta-kill someone in chest without armor unlike now)
  • Add some sort of tick every second once you pull the pin on a grenade/flash
  • Make it so that you have to press E on a timed explosive to start the countdown (this has several benefits)
  • Decrease bullpup weapon reload animation time
  • Make changes to the MAC-11, MP9, MP7, and the Uzi (specifically recoil reduction for MAC-11) in order to bring them in line with other SMGs.
  • Addition of MP7/MP9 extended mag to make them a viable alternative to other SMGs.
  • Add a pistol compensator which reduces the recoil of pistols to the same extent that rifle compensators do for rifles/SMGs.
  • Reduce base recoil of all guns, and reduce maximum marksmanship to 50 (or simply double the rate of current leveling) < end level recoil should still be the same as current level 100
  • Slightly reduce recoil of all 5.56 rifles, but not to pre-nerf levels.
Description:
  • Shotgun pellet damage is probably the most tentative idea here as I am unaware fully of the ins and outs of it, but by doing a little bit of testing now you can get away at fairly medium ranges to hit someone with 4-5 pellets and insta-kill them when wearing no armor which is quite shitty as there is no way to avoid this due to shotgun spread and essentially luck. Dependent on if damage drop off would come into effect for shotguns, the pellets should require all 6 to hit beyond a certain range (excl. headshots) as currently against no armor they are super strong, yet vs police they typically require more than 6 pellets to hit and therefore at minimum 2 shots against kevlar'd targets.
  • Currently using a grenade and flashbang can feel a bit troublesome for not only newer players but also players who infrequently use them as they are not fully aware of the timings, by adding an audible (quiet) ticking noise (that gets louder over time?) once the pin is pulled this should allow players to better time the use of these.
  • Not much to say about adding a "check" to be met (by pressing E on the bomb) before a timed explosive starts ticking down other than it seems sensible from a realistic standpoint on the gamemode, and it avoids certain issues such as accidental placement.
  • Bullpups are almost never used over their counterparts and in my eyes need more significant advantages over one another. Currently bullpups have a higher firerate, but this could be argued as a downside due to the recoil, however in my eyes a fair change would be to decrease the time that it takes to reload the bullpup guns and should encourage people to use them more as even though it may seem like a small change, I'm sure it would actually have more impact than it seems.
  • Certain SMGs such as the MAC-11, MP9, MP7, and the Uzi have no real discernible advantages to other SMGs or guns due to numerous factors such as the shooting animation for Uzis making them near-unusable due to the bullets hitting either above or below where you're actually aiming (forgot, it's one of the two), or the MAC-11 recoil completely requiring a compensator, even at 100, and even then full auto is nearly impossible. These would need to be reviewed and balanced in order to bring them in line. Additionally, the armour shred mentioned in the description of the MP7 appears to be non-functional, therefore it's actually much less powerful than people expect it to be.
  • Additionally, there are currently extended magazines for both the MP7 and the MP9 within the game's files which aren't actually craftable. The MP7 extended magazine has 40 bullets and the MP9 extended magazine has 30, which should probably be reversed if they were to be implemented as to not make the MP7 unbalanced along with the armour shred.
  • Addition of pistol compensators would allow for greater use of automatic pistols, as they're currently very hard to spray with even at 100 pistol marksmanship.
  • M4s and other 5.56 rifles have no actual benefit to 7.62 rifles, as 7.62 rifles have basically the same recoil while doing considerably more damage. Obviously I don't see a full revert of the 5.56 changes as a viable option, but a middle ground should be achieved so they actually have advantages over 7.62.
  • Lastly I think that the base recoil of all guns should be reduced to benefit newer players and those who do not have the money to invest into marksmanship in their first few days of playtime. As of right now I'm pretty sure it feels unsatisfying to use automatic weaponry and shotguns as a new players simply because you are punished for having a low marksmanship and as a result are immediately put at a disadvantage (especially as these players have little to no experience with the guns on PH). By reducing the base recoil across the board this should allow newer players to stand a chance against the more experienced players, and also doesn't force them to immediately pour money into the marksmanship ecosystem. As well as that the rate at which you level up marksmanship should be doubled to further bridge the gap between the newbies and the veterans of the gamemode, the end level should still have the same recoil as it currently does however.
Pros:
  • A wider variety of SMGs should end up being used more as they would actually be viable options for certain situations in place of other SMGs such as the MP5K which tend to appear as the default.
  • Automatic pistols will be much more viable and more widely used.
  • Shotgun doesn't immediately one shot somebody who is not wearing armor and gets caught by only a few pellets
  • Grenades and flashbangs feel more reliable to use by removing the need to time in your head
  • Timed explosives being accidently placed won't cause a shitshow
  • Also won't allow people to just drop timed explosives and immediately run off, this adds maybe a 1 second overall delay between being placed and starting to tick down
  • Bullpups should be looked at as an equally good option of weaponry rather than just an alternative
  • New players don't feel as punished for using rifles and automatic weaponry as well as guns in general
  • Less time and money needed to catch up to the rest of the top end playerbase
  • More variety in choice of rifles, conscious decision made for choosing rifles for defending vs raiding.
Cons:
  • The "realistic" aspect of using grenades and flashbangs is some-what removed
  • Some weapons may become too strong, but the values can be tweaked with relative ease.
  • some more stuff idk

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Mac 11 recoil isnt really bad when you have 100 marks and a comp to be honest.

Reaction score
i cant control it for shit and my sens is stupid high idk

Reaction score
in my personal opinion most games actually get the rate of fire wrong. the gun has a rpm of 1,200 rpm but gets boosted to 2,000 in most games
furthermore i feel perp has also made this mistake, in which can be corrected by reducing the rpm of the gun and decreasing the recoil

Reaction score
sorry but which gun are you referring to when you say the gun

Reaction score
Added some new suggestions regarding MP7/MP9. Also edited some of the suggestions regarding 5.56 rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.