Welfare Division ?

Reaction score
Hi everybody I was wondering if there some kind of welfare division in PLPD. It’s something been thinking about for a while. Becoming a new officer can be overwhelming to say the least when I was a officer so many experienced officers higher rank talking over you it was hard believe me and I felt little bit alone in the force with no friends. I’m wondering if we can create some kind of welfare division for people to go privately/anonymously if they are struggling in the PLPD. If something like this exists then great I love know more about it. Cheers everyone
Corporal Kenny Agger.

Reaction score
Honestly I dont think this needed as there already are: public relations / Line managers.

New cops should take initative by asking other officers if they can patrol with them. Instead of being the shy new player.

Reaction score
Honestly I dont think this needed as there already are: public relations / Line managers.

New cops should take initative by asking other officers if they can patrol with them. Instead of being the shy new player.
Tbh I didn't even know what a Line manager in the plpd was until I needed one for a IA. Same as the public relations, If you are holding a rank in the plpd higher than S/O you should somewhat have to take these officers on runs to somewhat teach them the ropes, This should be added to there monthly bonus with how many they do (could be a new idea)

Reaction score

Oh okay just wondering if some kind of system like that just think some people do struggle speak up ! I find themselves sometimes abit lost ! In the world of Paralake I always ask people how they are ! Is everything okay time to time !

Reaction score
Tbh I didn't even know what a Line manager in the plpd was until I needed one for a IA. Same as the public relations, If you are holding a rank in the plpd higher than S/O you should somewhat have to take these officers on runs to somewhat teach them the ropes, This should be added to there monthly bonus with how many they do (could be a new idea)
I agree !

Mim

Reaction score
Best thing to do if you need help or someone to talk to in the PD is to contact the enquiries on helpdesk or public relations, and if you would rather speak to someone come on the perp TeamSpeak and poke me or anyone else who has a purple command logo. They will be able to help direct your query or sort something out for you.

Reaction score
We do not currently have a welfare division and as of the moment there are no plans to introduce one. When Public Relations used to be People Services, it performed a pseudo-Human Resources function which didn't work particularly well for a whole host of reasons, hence why we probably won't bring such an initiative back again.

The re-introduction of Staff Sergeants was to increase the scope for delegated responsibility down from Commanding Officers (Captains) and Command Members (Lieutenants), to allow for more intimate workstreams. Both Patrol and Traffic I believe have a Staff Sergeant who is responsible for welfare functions.

I do concur and agree, however, that we can be doing far more to increase visibility and inclusivity across the whole of the chain of command. I am currently working on a Officer/Senior Officer Development Scheme which will feed into that, and we will use the input that colleagues provide in the previous and on-going Satisfaction Survey results to come up with new initiatives.

If you have any further suggestions with what we could do specifically to improve the lives and inclusivity of newly-recruited Officers, then please do not hesitate to get in-touch with @Hayden or I directly. I will also bookmark this thread and follow it along in-case anyone contributes some further ideas here.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that @Hayden and I's doors are not closed to anyone, either because of their past within the Department, their current rank, or whatever the case may be. We can be accessed by anyone at any time - that was one of the fundamentals of our mandate for becoming the Chiefs of Department, as previous Chiefs were not visible nor accessible.

You can contact either of us in whichever way suits you best, whether that be by dropping us a line on Discord; creating a forum PM with us; or a Helpdesk Ticket. If we haven't for whatever reason got the capacity to assist you ourselves, then we will make sure that there is someone who does.

One of the things I do want to bring forward in the near-term is open hours, where I will sit on either Discord or TeamSpeak and anyone can poke me to drop-in and have a discussion about anything PLPD-related.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We do not currently have a welfare division and as of the moment there are no plans to introduce one. When Public Relations used to be People Services, it performed a pseudo-Human Resources function which didn't work particularly well for a whole host of reasons, hence why we probably won't bring such an initiative back again.

The re-introduction of Staff Sergeants was to increase the scope for delegated responsibility down from Commanding Officers (Captains) and Command Members (Lieutenants), to allow for more intimate workstreams. Both Patrol and Traffic I believe have a Staff Sergeant who is responsible for welfare functions.

I do concur and agree, however, that we can be doing far more to increase visibility and inclusivity across the whole of the chain of command. I am currently working on a Officer/Senior Officer Development Scheme which will feed into that, and we will use the input that colleagues provide in the previous and on-going Satisfaction Survey results to come up with new initiatives.

If you have any further suggestions with what we could do specifically to improve the lives and inclusivity of newly-recruited Officers, then please do not hesitate to get in-touch with @Hayden or I directly. I will also bookmark this thread and follow it along in-case anyone contributes some further ideas here.
Thank You for your fast response & bookmarking this thread and improving Officer/SO Development scheme I'm looking forward to that Thank You Again !

Reaction score
There was once a "lets talk" scheme that allowed any officer to submit a form to chat to someone of decent ranking about literally anything, I'm unsure if this still exists. Also worth mentioning that you can contact almost anyone in the PLPD and I'm sure they will be happy to help teach you

Reaction score
There was once a "lets talk" scheme that allowed any officer to submit a form to chat to someone of decent ranking about literally anything, I'm unsure if this still exists. Also worth mentioning that you can contact almost anyone in the PLPD and I'm sure they will be happy to help teach you
I remember that !! (not for me just for new officers joining the force :D )

Reaction score
Becoming a new officer can be overwhelming to say the least when I was a officer so many experienced officers higher rank talking over you it was hard believe me and I felt little bit alone in the force with no friends. I’m wondering if we can create some kind of welfare division for people to go privately/anonymously if they are struggling in the PLPD.
You can always contact me via Steam so we can cry and talk together about the things that make you feel lonely. I'm pretty sure your division's command members would never offer you this but I do. Maybe you're in the wrong division? Consider resigning from Traffic, looks like a bad choice already. It's okay, everybody makes mistakes.

Reaction score
You can always contact me via Steam so we can cry and talk together about the things that make you feel lonely. I'm pretty sure your division's command members would never offer you this but I do. Maybe you're in the wrong division? Consider resigning from Traffic, looks like a bad choice already. It's okay, everybody makes mistakes.
@Mina does a great job listening to people cry, maybe you should try contacting him @Kenny (was told by @BigRossKane)

Reaction score
No no haha traffic division is great I’m enjoying it haha and I’m fine just wondering for new officers but if I have a problem I will contact my command team don’t worry haha !

Reaction score
Hi everybody I was wondering if there some kind of welfare division in PLPD. It’s something been thinking about for a while. Becoming a new officer can be overwhelming to say the least when I was a officer so many experienced officers higher rank talking over you it was hard believe me and I felt little bit alone in the force with no friends. I’m wondering if we can create some kind of welfare division for people to go privately/anonymously if they are struggling in the PLPD. If something like this exists then great I love know more about it. Cheers everyone
Corporal Kenny Agger.
hey i was there for you :mad: