What kind of music do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wondered what Perpheads community music preferences are, what genres?

Reaction score
Old school music pretty much.
60's rock n' roll - "I Fought The Law" by Bobby Fuller Four
70's disco - Some bee gees tracks and pretty much all the funky stuff. Kiss with "Strutter", Green Onions, "A horse with no name", "hollywood swinging",
80's pop - "I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls, "Sultans of Swing".
90's pop - in the style of "What is Love" can't hate that song.

Today I turned 25, and I can really feel the age turning me into an old man. I pretty much hate All new music they play on the radio, except the Jazz station, I don't understand and never will understand why people like Rap and R&B.

Then I like stuff like Rammstein, Sabaton and the Jazz genre, as long as its not too fast or freaky jazz. There are some danish artists I like as well, but most of them are, again, old school :)
So if you listen to some of those tracks, you'll get the idea of what my music taste is like.

Reaction score
I love old music. 70s,80s,90s rock, hard rock, metal rock n roll, jazz, some classical music, blues... I love deep purple, led zepplin, whitesnake, aerosmith, black sabbath, ozzys, queen, slayer, nirvana, ...

Reaction score
Napoleon Bonaparte said:
I love old music. 70s,80s,90s rock, hard rock, metal rock n roll, jazz, some classical music, blues... I love deep purple, led zepplin, whitesnake, aerosmith, black sabbath, ozzys, queen, slayer, nirvana, ...
Dire straits...

Reaction score
Fexxe said:
70's disco - Some bee gees tracks and pretty much all the funky stuff. Kiss with "Strutter", Green Onions, "A horse with no name", "hollywood swinging",

Today I turned 25, and I can really feel the age turning me into an old man. I pretty much hate All new music they play on the radio, except the Jazz station, I don't understand and never will understand why people like Rap and R&B.

Then I like stuff like Rammstein, Sabaton and the Jazz genre, as long as its not too fast or freaky jazz. There are some danish artists I like as well, but most of them are, again, old school :)
So if you listen to some of those tracks, you'll get the idea of what my music taste is like.
Good ;). And sultants of swing is of dire straits, and its a rock/country music :p

Reaction score
Fexxe said:

I know, just didn't want to add each track in its own genre group, so I kinda did it after the year instead.

Reaction score
Napoleon Bonaparte said:
Seems like we got some musical matches. Its nice that you got a wide spectrum of genres you listen to, all the way from hard rock to classics. I can also enjoy both some power / hero metal, jazz and classical (eg. Luciano Pavarotti and Mozart). So thumbs up for that :)

Reaction score
Napoleon Bonaparte said:
Yeah :D

Reaction score
Ooh I was looking for a topic like this :3
I listen to a lot of electronic music and mostly the music what gets released on Monstercat
If anyone wants to listen to it heres a link to the Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MonstercatMedia
and here is 2 links to the best album mixes ever! they're full of electronic music goodiness :D

Monstercat - 007 - Solace Album Mix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR2PHbvS3GQ​

Monstercat 017 - Zenith Album Mix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyduw-LJbBc

Reaction score
Have been listening to lots of Trap/Moombahton/Electronic Dance music lately. Specially after going to a Hardwell concert 2-3 weeks ago, I haven't listened to anything else I guess since then haha. Here's one from this genre:
[video=youtube;RMgD4r9zBl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMgD4r9zBl0[/video]

I also like the group called t.a.T.u. Old group but they have this same awesome style in every song of theirs. Give them a try, you surely know this song:
[video=youtube;8mGBaXPlri8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8[/video]

I also listened to lots of Rock/Metal/Post Hardcore groups before. I gave a long break listening to those but I'm pretty sure I'll keep listening to them in the future too.

EDIT: Holy fucking shit whenever I start listening to t.a.T.u. I can't stop. Just listen to this too:
[video=youtube;6yP4Nm86yk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yP4Nm86yk0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.