Server Suggestion When a Player is moaning unconscious and a medic approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: When a Player is moaning unconscious
Suggestion Description: When a medic goes up to a body while it's unconscious for some reason they have the need to randomly pull their DNA tool out when their moaning it should come up with a notification telling them to revive them

Why should this be added?:
- I've seen multiple new players, and a players go up to a body and start dnaing the body even though they need to be revived.
- Because It helps new players

What negatives could this have?:
Literally 0 Negatives

Reaction score
How would this work though? More than 1 medic can deal with reviving a single person, one getting dna and one focusing on reviving the player. Cops also rely on dna tooling to even be relevant.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
How would this work though? More than 1 medic can deal with reviving a single person, one getting dna and one focusing on reviving the player. Cops also rely on dna tooling to even be relevant.
Why would you have more than 1 medic at a standard callout? The player could have 1 brain cell or they are just new, Without this being added and letting them just dna a body when it's literally moaning would be killing the person who's unconscious and no matter how much you tell them that they need to revive them with the defibs they fuckin keep dnaing them. If it's added it should come up with a Notification, just like a demo restart but telling you to defib them

Reaction score
Really good idea, I think this could be very helpful for some players.

Maybe the notification should appear when a medic tries to take DNA on someone who is unconscious and block them as well from using the DNA tool above reviving an unconscious person.

Officers with DNA tools should do that. Saving someone's life comes over getting DNA and you can mostly get the information from the unconscious person when they are no longer unconscious. This would be a really good way of players realistically approaching that.

Reaction score
Really good idea, I think this could be very helpful for some players.

Maybe the notification should appear when a medic tries to take DNA on someone who is unconscious and block them as well from using the DNA tool above reviving an unconscious person.

Officers with DNA tools should do that. Saving someone's life comes over getting DNA and you can mostly get the information from the unconscious person when they are no longer unconscious. This would be a really good way of players realistically approaching that.
I disagree. There are times where there are no SGT+ on duty and we can't get DNA with this idea. Medics should be able to choose what to do. Getting DNA would increase the chances of catching the killer and preventing more deaths.

Also realistic wise isn't a thing here. Realistically we can't get DNA on every body that would lead us to the killer.

Reaction score
It really annoys me that nobody uses the check pulse feature. This goes for everyone, oddly enough even decent cops aren't using it to tell Medics who to prioritize. If people actually used what we have, this would not be necessary :(

Reaction score
It really annoys me that nobody uses the check pulse feature.
Maybe a new mission regarding this could be added and automatically started for any medic or a new medic going on duty. Teaching them how the pulse works and when they have time to take DNA and when they don't and should start reviving.

Reaction score
It really annoys me that nobody uses the check pulse feature. This goes for everyone, oddly enough even decent cops aren't using it to tell Medics who to prioritize. If people actually used what we have, this would not be necessary :(
Maybe it's time to run an awareness campaign? Cause I use it regularly to prioritize who to get first.

I don't think this idea will solve anything. It'll create more restrictions on the paramedics, who won't be able to gather DNA on bodies that have good pulses. This is a genuine skill issue, not a feature issue. The tools are available to you, just gotta use them right.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
New Players wouldn't know about this feature, and no matter how much you tell the medic they are unconscious they somehow have the sense to ignore you since they know better? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe a new mission regarding this could be added and automatically started for any medic or a new medic going on duty. Teaching them how the pulse works and when they have time to take DNA and when they don't and should start reviving.

Or just add it as a notification because this can still happen, And surely doing this is against the rules. Since they aren't doing their job properly. So lets not give them the tools to do so :)

Reaction score
Wouldn't be ideal, as moaning can help the police identify where a body is.

Reaction score
I use the pulse feature as Firefighter and tell Medics which one's to prioritize and they all ignore me except for some competent people lmao. Communication in this game is hard.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't be ideal, as moaning can help the police identify where a body is.
What are you even on about? When did I say anything about removing sounds from unconscious bodies?

Reaction score
The pulse system already solves this problem.

When we implement medic training missions, we would probably cover it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.