WHERE ARE THE SOUND FILES!?!?

<Steam Library>\steamapps\workshop\content\4000

There are a bunch of folders in there. Each folder corresponds to the ID of a workshop file you are subscribed to. The ID's of the Perpheads Content packs are as follows;

Pack 1 - 2897742669 You are looking for this ID in the case of weapon sounds!
Pack 2 - 2103606343
Pack 3 - 2894498893
Paralake V5 - 486584849

each folder contains a content.gma file. This file is like a zip file and needs to be unpacked.
Unpack them with crowbar. Gmad.exe, the known and official method for decompiling .gma files, does not handle large .gma files well and it will most likely crash.

After you extract them you will see a normal addon folder layout. The moment you place this sound folder in your gmod/addons folder, they will overrule the content pack sounds!

Keep rule 6.2 in mind and don't mute your sounds and shit :)

6.2 Third-Party Tools​

Any third-party software, macros, scripts or content which give players an advantage over other players will not be tolerated and should not be used. The use of custom weapon textures is only permitted when they are installed in the phcustomtextures folder, you can learn more about this using this resource.

<Steam Library>\steamapps\workshop\content\4000

There are a bunch of folders in there. Each folder corresponds to the ID of a workshop file. The ID's of the Perpheads Content packs are as follows;

Pack 1 - 2897742669 You are looking for this ID in the case of weapon sounds!
Pack 2 - 2103606343
Pack 3 - 2894498893

each folder contains a content.gma file. This file is like a zip file and needs to be unpacked.
Unpack them with crowbar. Gmad.exe, the known method for decompiling .gmafiles, does not handle large .gma files well and it will most likely crash.

After you extract them you will see a normal addon folder layout. The moment you place this sound folder in your gmod/addons folder, they will overrule the content pack sounds!

Keep rule 6.2 in mind and don't mute your sounds and shit :)
just wanna change my glock sound thank you so much!

Hmm, i don't believe the loading hiarachy has changed and i cannot find any information on the wiki regarding it. Are you sure the file path is correct and that the file and extenstion are named the same? What is the sample rate of your new file?

Hmm, i don't believe the loading hiarachy has changed and i cannot find any information on the wiki regarding it. Are you sure the file path is correct and that the file and extenstion are named the same? What is the sample rate of your new file?
i dont know ive just inserted a .wav file into the slot of what gun sound i want it to be 1721429668252.png1721429709956.png

i dont know ive just inserted a .wav file into the slot of what gun sound i want it to be View attachment 22841View attachment 22842
You have to follow the exact directory structure of the addon. For example:

You want to change the pewpew sound of the glock 18. The original sound can be found here:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\4000\2897742669\sound\weapons\glock18\glock18.wav
Your garry's Mod Addon with the custom glock 18 pewpew sound should look something like this:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\addons\jesus2012coolgunsounds\sound\weapons\glock18\glock18.wav

Ensure that the custom sound meet the following requirements:

BGkKynw.png

Last edited:
You have to follow the exact directory structure of the addon. For example:

You want to change the pewpew sound of the glock 18. The original sound can be found here:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\4000\2897742669\sound\weapons\glock18\glock18.wav
Your garry's Mod Addon with the custom glock 18 pewpew sound should look something like this:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\addons\jesus2012coolgunsounds\sound\weapons\glock18\glock18.wav

Ensure that the custom sound meet the following requirements:

BGkKynw.png
how do u check the sample rate and if it does not match how do i change it?

The sample rate is usually something you dont have to check if you download a gun Sound from anywhere online, but if you save it with 'Ultra High Quality' settings in audacity, Audition or other audio editors gmod cannot read it. You can usually check it through windows properties as well.

Back