3.4 during mugging

Reaction score
THAT IS THE WORST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD OF LOL.
Could you imagine for a sec how many refund requests from getting rdm'd there would be if this was a thing
No more than there are for losing guns. Perp is easymode at the moment, the riskiest thing you have to do is sell drugs in bulk, and you can completely circumvent that by holding a gun in passive while going to the dealer. If you get mugged, raise that gun, die and repeat. Getting stopped by cops with 1000x cocaine on you? Pull out a gun and commit suicide by cop, keep your drugs. The economy is trash because powergrowing and selling is easy.

Reaction score
No more than there are for losing guns. Perp is easymode at the moment, the riskiest thing you have to do is sell drugs in bulk, and you can completely circumvent that by holding a gun in passive while going to the dealer. If you get mugged, raise that gun, die and repeat. Getting stopped by cops with 1000x cocaine on you? Pull out a gun and commit suicide by cop, keep your drugs. The economy is trash because powergrowing and selling is easy.
I get where you're coming from but your solution is not accommodating the amount of minges PERPHeads and the staff have to deal with.

The rates of demo checks, staff investigations and rdms will increase by adding this all for what? the hopes that this might put a dent in the power growing community?

Reaction score
Simple.. Items that the user kept due to a breach of the rules should be destroyed.

Just do it the way Daymon did it to me, the time I minge grabbed 100k, ran away and DC'ed to keep it.

Perma ban, had to write an apology, got unbanned on the condition I return the money.

Or deduct the value of the items from their bank account.

Reaction score
Simple.. Items that the user kept due to a breach of the rules should be destroyed.

Just do it the way Daymon did it to me, the time I minge grabbed 100k, ran away and DC'ed to keep it.

Perma ban, had to write an apology, got unbanned on the condition I return the money.
So it should be returned? Or destroyed?

Reaction score
Destroyed. Items aren't refunded unless they were lost as during a direct rule break by another person, not items that could have been gained if the user didn't break the rules.
User getting mugged at DD pulls out a gun instead of surrendering saving 150k in coke and killing the mugger, mugger makes a report and only receives his gun back after having to wait 5 minutes + however long the report took to deal with, dumb imo

Reaction score
Destroyed. Items aren't refunded unless they were lost as during a direct rule break by another person, not items that could have been gained if the user didn't break the rules.
thats not how the rules work

read what super said
Staff already utilise methods to deal with players deliberately breaking 3.4 to prevent item. For example: where if a player refuses to hand over items that they would've lost during a mugging situation, the staff member can offer the choice of either banning them for a ridiculous length of time (6 month, etc.) and possibly have said items deleted or co-operate in exchange for only a warning/short ban - depending on the user's record of course.

This was a discussion that was took place during one of the staff meetings earlier this year and this was the guidance provided to all staff members by Senior Administration on the matter.

Reaction score
I get where you're coming from but your solution is not accommodating the amount of minges PERPHeads and the staff have to deal with.

The rates of demo checks, staff investigations and rdms will increase by adding this all for what? the hopes that this might put a dent in the power growing community?
I know it isn't perfect but at the moment, nobody is afraid of death. There are very little consequences of dying, and in fact it is often preferable to die and respawn in 5 minutes, keeping all your drugs and items (except your gun), than to survive and be mugged or arrested and put in jail for 10 minutes.

Reaction score
thats not how the rules work
  • A refund request can only be made if you have lost items as a direct result of a server-side error or a rule break.

Reaction score
  • A refund request can only be made if you have lost items as a direct result of a server-side error or a rule break.
read what super said...

Also if you're not happy with even an Admin's word, IIRC @Efan or @Tyla Jai confirmed this was the case with the refund policy when I privately asked him.

Reaction score

Not sure if this is still being enforced but staff members should be retrieving items from players in such cases if they would lose them beyond reasonable doubt

Reaction score

Not sure if this is still being enforced but staff members should be retrieving items from players in such cases if they would lose them beyond reasonable doubt
This is correct with what Collier responded with in that post and is in line with what I initially posted above

Reaction score
Hello

TOPIC:
I am opening this thread to discuss the topic of people breaking 3.4 to die during a mugging so they can save their items or money even after facing punishment.

WHY:

Keeping those items and cash unfairly when they should have lost them realistically. From what I know, this act of abuse towards the game is common.

Any ideas on how this problem can fixed?
sounds like sum i did