3.5 - NLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.5, NLR
Your version of the rule:
When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may return to the place where they died. You cannot return to the place you died if the same RP situation you died in is still in session. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life. A system is in place to inform players that they are in breach of this rule, any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated. Joining or leaving any government job is to be treated as a new life.

When a player is given a new life they must forget/may not act upon any and all details of their previous life; this excludes properties and cars that they own, government positions that they hold and any friends or acquaintances that they have/had made.

Players should not use or act upon any information gained from other players which is relevant to their previous death, while their NLR timer is active.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: Was in a situation today where cops raided my apartment. We killed all but 1 cop who decided to run away. He called for backup as soon as TFU respawned and the entire raid reset and they killed all of us.

By changing it to this, it allows for more fairness and doesn't allow cops to literally do the same RP situation over and over again until they get it right. Thoughts?

Deleted member 1235

I don't often sympathise with criminal role-players, however on this instance I do.

Police often don't need to worry about dying, as long as there is one officer alive to call for backup when they re-spawn then they can keep returning to the sit, leading to prolonged and repeated raids.

By preventing someone from returning to the situation that killed them, it can provide a clear "end" point for raids, thus preventing the age old excuse of "I thought I was still wanted" or "we were raiding" etc etc

Reaction score
I agree with @Duffy here, but there's a con with this.
The way the warranting system works, it persists regardless of the RP situation. Making the rule change as a whole, entirely obsolete.

I'm not sure how you want to go about altering the warrant system, it's for that reason that police re-raid a property in most cases.
I say that, if the entire police force was killed by a suspect or suspect's colleagues in a single area (this could be done by applying an invisible field to the warranted player which is limited to a certain area, that checks the current amount of officers on the force, and checks if they've been killed by either the suspect, or associates in the area. Effectively so, if positive, would remove the warrant entirely)
then the warrant is removed from the database, etc.

It's just that I don't really see this being necessary, if people can't afford the time, don't do the crime. Or at least do it discreetly.

Reaction score
I agree with @Duffy here, but there's a con with this.
The way the warranting system works, it persists regardless of the RP situation. Making the rule change as a whole, entirely obsolete.

I'm not sure how you want to go about altering the warrant system, it's for that reason that police re-raid a property in most cases.
I say that, if the entire police force was killed by a suspect or suspect's colleagues in a single area (this could be done by applying an invisible field to the warranted player which is limited to a certain area, that checks the current amount of officers on the force, and checks if they've been killed by either the suspect, or associates in the area. Effectively so, if positive, would remove the warrant entirely)
then the warrant is removed from the database, etc.

It's just that I don't really see this being necessary, if people can't afford the time, don't do the crime. Or at least do it discreetly.
I do agree that that is a big con that has to be thought through.
Imo, there should be a time restraint between police raids. Meaning, police cannot raid the same property more than once every 30 minutes. The time starts after all the cops leave, ending the rp situation. This way, if cops raid an apartment and most die but one stays alive, the rest can't come back because the rp situation is still active. If the last cop leaves, the 30 minutes starts but the warrant stays.
Thoughts?

Reaction score
In roleplay there is no such thing as 'killed all cops', if you win the raid against you then you should pick your stuff and move to a different location. A good officer will warrant the apartment owner before or during the raid, have one of your buddies buy a different place.

Reaction score
Police department cant run out of cops, its very realistic for reinforces to arrive if that many officers die.
The property warrant stays which means after 5 minutes of NLR cops will get there manually to conduct a search warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.