NLR: Cops & Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.5 NLR
Your version of the rule:

When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life. A system is in place to inform players that they are in breach of this rule, any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated. Joining or leaving any government job is to be treated as a new life.

When a player is given a new life they must forget/may not act upon any and all details of their previous life; this excludes properties and cars that they own, government positions that they hold, and any friends or acquaintances that they have/had made. When joining a government job, a player may not remember or use properties/vehicles that they own and/or have access to unless realistic to do so.

Players should not use or act upon any information gained from other players, which is relevant to their previous death, while their NLR timer is active.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: There should be an explicit definition to prevent the police from trying to loophole the rules to key raid properties. It's not realistic at all for police to do this to a drug den.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes cops should not use their keys to raid a property. No cops should still be able acces their own properties under normal circumstances.

Reaction score
As Alliat said, under normal circumstances. - Using your own property for RP should be absolutely acceptable and this should be somehow included in the rule. Don’t want people avoiding some really good RP because of a misworded rule!

Reaction score
I swear there used to be a policy or law that police couldn't reside in a property, glad it's gone

Reaction score
While police should have the option too, this was kinda meant for every other government job as the rule includes all of them. Such as the mayor or SS going to their house to RP, etc. If the property has illegal activity going on then they obvi shouldn’t be there as a government employee though!

Reaction score
A cop should be able to access their own property that they have purchased at the bank, not a property you get access to by someone giving you keys. But im pretty sure the part you added into the rule @ShadowJoey is already enforced, but not written. An officer cant gain car keys to an officer whilst on duty, to then go off duty, and then use the car keys on the person's car they obtained car keys earlier on in the day to.

Reaction score
As a cop main I have not heard of this happening with exception of Finlay, but do agree this change is needed in the circumstances someone actually does it.

Reaction score
I’ve never done this.
I joke around like “OOO I have keys” but never actually raid since I think that is scum bag behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.