[Awaiting Decision] 3.5 New Life Rule addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.5 New Life Rule
Your version of the rule:
When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life. A system is in place to inform players that they are in breach of this rule, any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated. Joining or leaving any government job is to be treated as a new life.

When a player is given a new life they must forget/may not act upon any and all details of their previous life; this excludes properties and cars that they own, government positions that they hold and any friends or acquaintances that they have/had made. Players should not use or act upon any information gained from other players which is relevant to their previous death, while their NLR timer is active.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: The addition of this would ensure that (for example) people who just re spawned from their death would not rely on information given to them by someone who then dies during their NLR timer and the person then uses the information received to get re-involved with the situation. This means that situations (especially shootouts) where people get involved based on information that they received during their NLR timer and then their friends or fellow government employees died and they still get involved prolonging the situation and then further escalating it again. A clear emphasis is that the information disregarded should be information directly given from players through any sort of in-game communication, and things such as gunshots or life alerts are still valid information the player can act upon.

Further suggestions/ideas/feedback is/are appreciated.

Reaction score
This change would also provide more clarity on the matter of responding to panics/radio calls during the NLR timer as a cop.

Reaction score
"..they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. ..."

It is already in the rule though? When you are not allowed to interact with the situation wile the timer is active, it is obvious that you can not react on information/orders//etc. tied to the situation, as you would indeed influence it if you did. Also, you say you should be able to react to life alerts and gunshots you know are involved with the situation? Do you mean that you should be allowed to ignore the timer if you get one, or to use it as information once the timer had expired? Either way; I disagree with it, especially the first one.

If you are close enough to listen to the shootout, you should rather walk away, knowing you have to stay away until the timer runs out as it is your responsibility to not influence the situation within your NLR timer. You are not allowed to wait just outside the 'NLR death zone' either, as that would be too close to the situation for you not to influence it in any way.. Said zone is there to give a rough outline and is a great help for staff members.

Sure, this is clarification, and that is nice, but seems a bit excessive in my opinon

"Players should not use or act upon any information gained from other players which is relevant to their previous death, while their NLR timer is active."

While this I disagree with, due to what I have already said of it, granted that you mean that you should be able to ignore the timer due to information given;

"A clear emphasis is that the information disregarded should be information directly given from players through any sort of in-game communication, and things such as gunshots or life alerts are still valid information the player can act upon. "

Reaction score
Sure, this is clarification, and that is nice, but seems a bit excessive in my opinon
just quoted this to not make it too big

I thought I made it fairly obvious within the original post already, however, what I meant is that you should not interact with the situation even after your NLR if the information provided to you was within your NLR timer, this excludes life alerts and gun shots (if you are a Gov official or whatever, yet this can be changed to not exclude these things). So for example say you are SWAT and you just died in a raid, you respawn and while your NLR is active you are waiting in PD and get info saying that there's a raid on a certain property, I'm saying that the info you receive there should be disregarded and after your NLR you should not use that information to re-interact with the situation.

Maybe people's opinion will change now that it's more explained, and I understand that you should not interact with the situation while your NLR timer is there, they can easily not interact and just wait on the side away from the incident and then get involved again even though the information they received was during their NLR timer, this goes for not only gov employees but also organizations and citizens in general. Multiple times I see people doing things such as "/gov //2 mins nlr" and when their NLR is over they rush over to the incident. I saw this already being informed of by certain staff members, but I thought making it more clear within the rules would be useful. As a result, you may only use the information given to you when your NLR expires to get involved within the situation again (This probably sounds quite confusing). I personally don't find it being obvious within the rules as by not being allowed to interact it means you shouldn't have an effect on the ongoing situation while your NLR is active, not that you cannot use information while you have NLR and then wait for it to expire to then prolong the situation again.

TL:DR : Keep the rule the way it is (obviously) however make it clear that information given to you while your NLR is active is not valid information to get re-involved in a situation involving your previous death after your NLR is over.

Reaction score
Awaiting Decision

Something regarding NLR has been discussed in a recent staff meeting, before the change is implemented this will be brought into discussion in the next administrative meeting

Reaction score
+ SUPPORT

One of the most irritating things about the NLR rule is this loophole where people "Find out about there own death" And assist in avenging there own death, or a cop whom you killed later on charging you with a max fine and 10 toes because they're salty that OOC isn't Buying into there Lag excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.