3.5 switching jobs nlr remove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.5 NLR
Your version of the rule:
When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life. A system is in place to inform players that they are in breach of this rule, any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated. Joining or leaving any government job is not to be treated as a new life.

When a player is given a new life they must forget/may not act upon any and all details of their previous life; this excludes properties and cars that they own, government positions that they hold and any friends or acquaintances that they have/had made.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: because when i switch job i am not re born or anything nor have i died its so fucking unrealistic, it causes alot of problems when someone has joined a new job when they are wanted or being looked for by the police

Reaction score
So basically, you run in an apartment, they'll be nice and let you leave but you've seen drugs, then you join PLPD and you raid them, great...

This rule should only have exceptions

I don't fully agree with your suggestion.

Reaction score
You can't join a government job with a warrant though. But I agree with a few exceptions... You can't be a mafia Don and a supervisor at the same time.

Reaction score
I think the extent of the rule is to manage people joining jobs to then say: "MY FRIEND IS GROWING DRUGS AT XYZ" as realistically you wouldn't tell someone who is an off duty officer about it.

Maybe a better version of this would be to have the Government Job and Citizen Job as two different characters, in this sense when you go cop, you are changing character to a full-time police officer and when resigning, you switch back to another character, not being able to use information you gained while being on duty. Not only would this avoid abuse of the rule to avoid warrants etc but it will also provide a defence against people who would go on duty just to use information of a criminal they found when a citizen. Of course this rule would not be so easy to enforce without a lot of scrutiny but "most" the community follow the rules on a regular basis so having a separate character to role-play - one citizen and on government - would be a much better alternative to removing the idea of no new life when going on duty.

Reaction score
I know what you mean it has happened to me but I believe this is vague the only think potentially stopping corruption is this rule and 3.4, I would prefer a few redundancies in place before I consider this. If you could outlne ways this will not be abused I would gladly support this.

Neutral due to potential corruption, revenge and 3.4 breaking .

Reaction score
Closed

Something regarding NLR has been discussed in a recent staff meeting, before the change is implemented this will be brought into discussion in the next administrative meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.