3D Modeling corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey as you or may not now, I'm an amateur 3D modeler. Annyway thought I create a topic about it and startoff with the Perpheads logo in 3d :)

gsxu.png

Reaction score
Not much :/ I use Blender for modeling and from what I understand it's one hell of a proces to get your model working in a source game.

Reaction score
Damn, alright, well yea it's a fair process, was hoping you could help shed some light into areas we don't fully know right now. But that's ok, we'll keep working at it to get stuff working, how good are you at texturing your models then? Since we could use a good modeler, I myself an amateur as well, but with some experience at doing it for source, just might like some help for future content things that we plan to add. So if you're a decent texturer as well, I might ask if you could make something to assess your skills, if you don't mind.

Reaction score
Well as far as texturing goes, I know how UV maps work and how to add a bumpmap and a specular map. But I do need some practice in finding the correct seams (in order to unwrap the uv map) and also finding the correct texture, as in the right scale etc. :p

Some examples of my work

Christmas hat, Candy Cane and Christmas tree (Mod for mount and blade)

Some other things

mpvu.jpg

Reaction score
MazZ;n2595 said:
Well as far as texturing goes, I know how UV maps work and how to add a bumpmap and a specular map. But I do need some practice in finding the correct seams (in order to unwrap the uv map) and also finding the correct texture, as in the right scale etc. :p

Some examples of my work

Some other things

mpvu.jpg

You made those wallpapers / Logo's ?

Reaction score
Dudeh said:
MazZ;n2595 said:

Some examples of my work

Some other things

mpvu.jpg

You made those wallpapers / Logo's ?
Yup, made with blender :)

Reaction score
very nice work :)
can i bring you to make me a logo?! haha they are amazing

Reaction score
Not bad at all, even if you don't know how to compile for source, don't worry about that, we know how. Just a few things are beyond our skills at this time. But adding props and stuff isn't terribly hard now, only problem we run into is how much content people must download in order to play.

Reaction score
What modeling software is recommended to model something for source games btw ?
(Did some google search and the only things I could find where unfinished .SMD plugins for AutoCAD etc..)

Reaction score
I personally use Blender as well, while creating for source isn't necessarily difficult, making the .QC to compile them with gets to be a pain in the arse.

Reaction score
Ha, hey, at least I figured out enough to even compile one so we could even get started on making our own models, that was a trick itself. And now that we know how more or less, it isn't too hard, but I still wouldn't have a clue really how to do a custom ragdoll.

Reaction score
StephenPuffs said:
Ha, hey, at least I figured out enough to even compile one so we could even get started on making our own models, that was a trick itself. And now that we know how more or less, it isn't too hard, but I still wouldn't have a clue really how to do a custom ragdoll.
Hmm do you know anny good tutorials I can use to get models working in garrys mod ?

Reaction score
Since I saw a few people creating ribbons, i decided to create some myself.
And yes they are made in Blender so technically fit in the 3D corner :p.

xgbn.png

8ina.png

t151.png

Status
Not open for further replies.