5 Second Lag Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I seem to have these random stutters whilst playing GMod. My game will randomly freeze for a couple of seconds then continue like normal.

What's strange is the game hasnt actually frozen as if you watch the clip the spedo drops to 0.

Really not sure what could be causing it...

Solution
All the other comments are a bit silly; this is not a CPU or overheating issue but looks to be a network issue. Are you on Wifi? What's your network like. Do you use a VPN? What's your bandwitdh?
I seem to have these random stutters whilst playing GMod. My game will randomly freeze for a couple of seconds then continue like normal.

What's strange is the game hasnt actually frozen as if you watch the clip the spedo drops to 0.

Really not sure what could be causing it...

Have you by chance have many tabs opened and programs in your background running when not needed. That may cause the problem. Try that and hopes it won't happen again

This is most likely a high cpu or memory usage from other applications from my knowledge, you are claiming that you only have like 3 applications open from what you just said though so a bit weird.
As i know you’re a pro gamer, your cpu or gpu isn’t overheating in any way right?
Hit me up and send your specs real quick on discord if you want some help though.

If you’re playing on wifi I’d suggest try using a wired connection instead, I tend to have problems playing games on wifi when I used to use play on wifi but that’s probably my network card. Does this happen on other games?

Also you can monitor what’s using bandwidth with task manager, best to just observe that whilst you’re playing.

You could always try use a VPN as a last resort and see if that helps for now.

I have had the same problem where for me it worked to completely reset my pc so every thing was deleted but there is probably a easier way to fix it.

All the other comments are a bit silly; this is not a CPU or overheating issue but looks to be a network issue. Are you on Wifi? What's your network like. Do you use a VPN? What's your bandwitdh?

Solution
Cpu overheating/putting too much usage into other applications can still result in this as i’ve tried having a problem like this, but now that i’ve seen his tempatures i agree its most likely a network issue.

Cpu overheating/putting too much usage into other applications can still result in this as i’ve tried having a problem like this, but now that i’ve seen his tempatures i agree its most likely a network issue.
Then the game would be running like shit and freezing especially on perp, which it clearly isn't.. I'm sure @Goonsberg knows what advice to take and from who atp lmao

Sorry didnt reply to this!
Turns out its a network issue and for some reason my PC was using WiFi rather than ethernet even though it was plugged in and said it was working......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back