7.7 Sale of Offensive Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: Change

What law do you wish to change/add:

A person does not commit an offence under articles 7.4 or 7.5 if the offensive weapon in question is stored or displayed within a property defined by the banks of Paralake City as being a Shop or Business. In addition to this, the offensive weapon in question must be intended for sale to the general public, it must not be being held by any person and must not intended to assist in the committing of any criminal offence.

Or alternatively:

A person does not commit an offence under articles 7.4 or 7.5 if the offensive weapon in question is stored or displayed within a property and the offensive weapon in question is intended for sale to the general public, it must not be being held by any person and must not intended to assist in the committing of any criminal offence.

Why should this change/addition be made:

Recently I have noticed a few people setting up gun stores in order to promote more passive styles of roleplay in places that are defined by the bank as being a business and suggested to @Auris that he makes a similar law suggestion to this when I was helping him set up his business in a way that allowed him to comply with the law, however, I've gone ahead and made this myself seeing as he hasn't. This change should be made as it is currently unlawful to display weapons in properties defined as a business, or anywhere else if it is not defined as a shop, even if you are intending to sell them to the general public. A couple of people have mentioned that this law can be disregarded but this isn't very accurate. Officers do have the power of discretion under law 4.1 but this can be overruled at any point by a higher rank so it could cause even further issues when a lower rank tells someone that they can sell weapons unlawfully, and all of a sudden a higher rank says they cannot which will create a large dispute. As a result, this law should be changed as although at first glance it is currently very logical to only sell weapons in stores, it does hinder people's ability to create larger gun stores and promote passive roleplay.

What is the aim of this change/addition:

The main aim of this change is to enable people to create larger stores that include the selling of firearms in places other than just small shops which will, in turn, allow for more passive forms of roleplay and business.

Additional Information:

Suggested additions are in green
Edits in orange

Lastly, there was a very similar suggestion posted by @rogue earlier this year, however, I have suggested another alternative (the one in orange) so I feel that it would be good to create another post about this so that people can discuss the pros and cons of both.

Reaction score
honestly right i agree with this as i would like to set up gun show type buildings in moron shipping or hungries and we shouldnt loose 200k in guns to old wording
as long as its a legal business it should be fine to sell them

Status
Not open for further replies.