Confirm that you can sell offensive weapons (Edit 2.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What law do you wish to Edit/Add: 2.6

Your version of the law:

The possession of any offensive weapon in a public area without a reasonable excuse shall be guilty of this offence. Offensive weapons include, but are not necessarily limited to the following, baseball bats, combat-knives, machetes, and improvised/adapted items with the intent to harm or do damage. However, offensive weapons that are labeled as ‘for sale’ in a property that is considered by the XQ Bank as a ‘Shop’ are exempt from this law.

Why do you believe this law should be Added/Edited: (Be extensive and descriptive)
Because there are no laws stating that you are allowed to show offensive weapons in your shop. I've seen people selling carbombs, baseball bats and molotovs at the bazaar, and they are all considered offensive weapons. Technically, at the current state, it's illegal to sell these in bazaar shops. Law 6.3 only talks about firearms, so adding this to 2.6 would be nice, as it would allow people to sell them.

Reaction score
I wouldn't label baseball bats as an offensive weapon, I'd like to point that out as you can use the excuse for playing baseball if a LEO questions you about it and it's a common item imo.

Reaction score
JG7zFbC.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
LAW REFORM

Looks good, clarity and codification is always good with things like this, removes all the grey areas behind things. Opinions on amendment below?​

2.6 Offensive Weapons

The possession of any offensive weapon in a public area without a reasonable excuse shall be guilty of this offence.
Offensive weapons include, but are not necessarily limited to the following, baseball bats, combat-knives, machetes,
and improvised/adapted items with the intent to harm or do damage. However offensive weapons that are labeled as
‘for sale’ in a property that is considered by the XQ Bank as a ‘Shop’ are exempt from this law.

Status
Not open for further replies.