9.X: With intent to cause terror

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law:
New law.
What law do you wish to change/add:
9.X: Terrorist intentions:
Any crime listed under section 5, 7, 9, 10 of the Paralake Penal code being committed with terroristic intentions will add additional charges to the incarceration of the offending parties, as well as people Aiding and abetting a terrorist cause. The Paralake penal code defines terroristic actions as any crime committed to cause harm to, and to spread fear amongst the population to further a political or religious cause and ideology.
Felony: liable to +2 years on the sentence of the crime committed and an additional $2000 fine.
Why should this change/addition be made:

Realistically under counter terrorism laws in established nations, committing terrorist acts is an entire law on its own. An example of this would be in the U.K., if you killed someone Over a violent dispute you would get 15-35 years. Meanwhile, if you attempted to kill someone but failed in an attempt of aiding A terrorist cause, you would get life in prison regardless.
What is the aim of this change/addition:
To add terrorism as a specifically illegal act.
Additional Information:

Deleted member 5577

An example of this would be in the U.K., if you killed someone Over a violent dispute you would get 15-35 years.
Murder is mandatory life I think you mean the minimum time in custody would be this dependant on different factors such as your plea and if the individual was vulnerable. Also you won't necessarily get a life tariff for terrorism, for example, the Iranian embassy siege left one terrorist alive and he was released from prison in 2008 and now lives off our benefits system for some reason. I know most of the terrorism legislation wasn't in place back then however he was still jailed for life and walked free in 2008. I don't think this should be added as its not really major, there isn't a lot of terrorism in place in paralake and a LT can simply override the maximum in the rare cases there are terrorist offences committed.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Pretty sure aggravating factors can allow you to not receive a life sentence. E.g excessive force when defending yourself, lack of premeditation, illnesses and disabilities or the general impact of your crime.

Deleted member 5577

If there is an illness which causes you to be in an unusual state of mine it would be involuntary manslaughter not murder there are other ways to get murder downgraded to manslaughter such as through different triggers but if you're found guilty of murder the judge has no choice but to give you life the tariff is where they have a say for example if you plead guilty and show obvious remorse you'll likely only have to serve 15 years and if you murder say a serving police officer or a vulnerable person it'll go up maybe to around 35 years but you will never be totally free from the conviction and can be recalled to prison at any time at the discretion of the police.