Server Suggestion A possible solution to FF ladders request

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: A possible solution to FF ladders request
Suggestion Description: So physical ladders are met with screaming BUT ABUSE so i decided to skip the ladder entirely. We need them as FF we have constant roof fires and if we dont have staff on we're essentially forced to wait. All previous solutions use physical ladders which bring questions about physgun, use, rules, abuse, and more. Santos only had it working because everyone had a physgun.

These are not physical it is basically a tool that at preset spots teleports us up and down when left clicked. It will only work during a fire to prevent abuse. Therefore no extra model processing is needed as it is all done client side like the workbench.

Model used in screenshots below: models/props_c17/metalladder001.mdl

On the ground spots would look like this: On the roof spots would look like this:
Why should this be added?:
- Roof fires no longer need admins. We can finally be self sufficient and not take away from their free time or sits.
- Can't exactly be abused, FF only and only works near a fire. The only abuse would be someone intentionally starting fires to peep but that's against the rules already.
- Adds another useful tool to FF that allows them to function more independently and be useful.

What negatives could this have?:
- Needs effort.
- Not a great solution, this isn't realistic and requires pre designating spawn spots like the workbenches as well as scaling and positioning ladders for each location.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: A possible solution to FF ladders request
Suggestion Description: So physical ladders are met with screaming BUT ABUSE so i decided to skip the ladder entirely. We need them as FF we have constant roof fires and if we dont have staff on we're essentially forced to wait. All previous solutions use physical ladders which bring questions about physgun, use, rules, abuse, and more. Santos only had it working because everyone had a physgun.

These are not physical it is basically a tool that at preset spots teleports us up and down when left clicked. It will only work during a fire to prevent abuse. Therefore no extra model processing is needed as it is all done client side like the workbench.

Model used in screenshots below: models/props_c17/metalladder001.mdl

On the ground spots would look like this: On the roof spots would look like this:
Why should this be added?:
- Roof fires no longer need admins. We can finally be self sufficient and not take away from their free time or sits.
- Can't exactly be abused, FF only and only works near a fire. The only abuse would be someone intentionally starting fires to peep but that's against the rules already.
- Adds another useful tool to FF that allows them to function more independently and be useful.

What negatives could this have?:
- Needs effort.
- Not a great solution, this isn't realistic and requires pre designating spawn spots like the workbenches as well as scaling and positioning ladders for each location.
i agree with him on this and so many times i had to call admin just simply to put roof fire out. Plus i love the idea you can only put them in center location that would stop the spam of ladders. So he gets thumb up from me

Reaction score
I believe something similiar was suggested before but totally not the same.

Reaction score
I believe something similiar was suggested before but totally not the same.

That is a ladder yes but that is a physical highly laggy truck based ladder (or something else but still physical). This is a light simple sollution to get it accepted for once hopefully.