Server Suggestion FireFighter Job re-worked.

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Fire fighter job will be useful and people will be on duty more like LEOs.
So there are a lot of ways that I can see on how to improve firefighter job.

Let's start with RTA's (road Traffic Accidents) When a car is tier 2'd and there are firefighters on duty, the person inside the car will not be able to get out due to the damage the vehicle sustained (bent doors and frame) The door would simply be shut. This way firefighters have to be called to the scene to assist and therefor be useful (This happens irl, they are always called on RTAs) If there are no FF this won't be active and a person can come out. This way firefighters are called to more than just fires... since they don't do JUST fires, there are RTA rescues etc.

Another mechanism that I think could be added to make firefighting a bit more realistic is how at first there is grey smoke coming out and after a while when fire spreads it turns black and a flashover occurs (Fire will spread really fast and nearby objects catch fire due to the immense heat)

Not sure if the next thing is do-able but is definitely realistic. It is a backdraft. This happens when a fire dies down a bit due to lack of oxygen however when a door is opened, since the fire is starved of oxygen, the fire will rush out in an explosion manner to get oxygen. This is deadly and will kill anyone in the way.

BA: Breathing apparatus

Equipment: I really want to see more equipment such as new model equipment. It would be similar to the Swat Van UI when you click T on the fire truck a list of equipment can be taken out such as:

Jaws of life (These can usually cut most metals or have a spreader attachment to spread (open car doors, lift stuff) -This will be used to open the car doors when a T2 happens. pic below
Your usual cones and barricades.
Place able spotlights with stands pic below
Portable fan- to vent extinguished buildings of smoke, pic below
Hoses- High pressure and low pressure hoses that drag out from the fire truck and get placed on the floor on movement to simulate a hose being dragged. see pic below for example
Chainsaw- will cut and destroy any wood object near a fire (Simulates breaking effect but if belongs to a player it gets returned to storage)
Halligan tool- Opens doors (normal opening door like a crowbar)
Axe- breaks door off hinges like C2
Wire cutters - can be used to remove any fences (metal) placed by a player when near a fire (return to storage) Sometimes when explosions happens a base's props go everywhere, these can easily block entrances.
Ladder- place-able on walls/vertical objects- Can be climbed
sand- to be put on oil spills on car accidents so Fire doesn't occur or any accidents. (Oil spills will make any car that drives over them lose control and could possibly be a crash)

BA system- Have the oxygen tanks be functional with 10mins of air in the tanks and they deplete when used (press button to activate it and put on mask and timer goes down, press it again to pause the timer and remove mask.- Have a mask effect on the screen to simulate usage of mask. When timer reaches 0 player will cough a few times and go unconscious and have 5mins before death( During the unconscious stage a small alarm will go off on the body so it's easier to locate downed firefighters in smoke)
This will be a separate kit that needs to be equipped from T menu on fire truck like heavy armor on TFOs. The air tanks can be replacable from firestation and filled and there can only be maximum of 4 cylinders with BA harness on fire engine and 2 extra cylinders to be swapped on scene as backup. while the Quick response vehicle have only 1 no back up, and TL truck only has 2, 1 backup.

Fire trucks have limited water capacity and need to be refilled in the station, can be connected to firehydrants for water etc.

More firetrucks such as TL- turntable ladder- The one with the big ladder, Extend ladder/retract, up/down and left and right.
Better looking quick response vehicle (example the dodge ram but better looking and some equipment T menu)
Normal fire engine. Has all equipment and the most water capacity.

1 bag of sand - 2 uses- can be restocked in firestation
Equipment on the vehicles:
Quick response fast vehicle : No water/hoses but can have fire extinguishers, small ladder and portable spotlights, Jaws of life for RTAs. 1 BA system No replacable. 2 bags of sand
TL: 1 water hose no water needs to be connected to hydrant or other fire engine., 2 BA systems+1 ,Portable fan, Big rotatable ladder that is has and some extra placable ones, chainsaw. Sand 2 bags
Fire engine: Has 4 BA with 2 extra cylinders, 4 hoses with 15 mins of water usage, cones, small placable ladder, chainsaw and jaws of life, spotlights, potable fans x2. 4 bags of sand

Make the fire a bit harder to fight so that there is somewhat of a challenge and realism - Level of difficulty on fighting fire increases on higher Firefighter count on duty.
Smoke can not be removed from the UI and if you are in the smoke area the player will start coughing and after a while (5mins) he will fall unconscious and die from smoke inhalation unless rescued by a FF and dragged outside. Smoke is thick at the top and when crouched you can see a BIT better, however still almost 0 visibility, just like rl scenarios.

Why should this be added? (pros): Just like the cop's complex system with warrants, remarks, ranking system, arrest, tickets, all their equipment. I think the firefighter is another main job role and should have the same attention as the PD. Maybe a ranking system in the future and have it's own system like the plpd. This would make the RP more than just cops and robbers and some jobs that no one plays as and are usually nowhere to be seen in the city.

What negatives could this have? (cons): ladder could be abused, performance due to smoke, somewhat complex but it's probably do-able to a certain point. Will take a while to implement but the RP would be immersive related to Fire / rescue scenarios.

*Other additions: [list here]

Jaws of life/spreaders - Floodlight w stand - portable fan - hoses animation -
Go to 9:17 to see the hose animation
Ba system -

Reaction score
Big fat +support, 100%.
Make it more fun for our volunteer - firefighters
As I said, this could be VERY hard to implement and could take a while so if you know any people that know coding and could pitch in and help our community grow it would be awesome. I'm currently studying to join the FireDepartment and having this realism and an alternate decent good job other than cop and robber, would make RP way better. It's definitely a challenge to implement especially with the shitty engine GMOD has but usually you will always find a work around to anything if you REALLY want something. TL are probably impossible I just listed it as an idea maybe someone has a work around to GMOD's engine prob won't like it. (Such as placable ladders, and the TL engine is just for show, still immersive) backdraft is probably very difficult and flashover could be done.I don't know how coding really is in GMOD and what is possible to implement or what is not but It's just an idea to make RP better in perpheads.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I think a lot of this is a bit too complex and over the top for PERP but things like ladder, and actual hoses would be cool. Especially having to link the fire truck to a hydrant to get a steady flow of water rather than just being near a truck or near a hydrant to get unlimited water.

I also think more random fires should happen when a firefighter is on duty. It's currently kind of boring to be a firefighter, people just go FF when there is a big fire that is annoying people. No one actually plays firefighter for fun.

Reaction score
I think a lot of this is a bit too complex and over the top for PERP but things like ladder, and actual hoses would be cool. Especially having to link the fire truck to a hydrant to get a steady flow of water rather than just being near a truck or near a hydrant to get unlimited water.

I also think more random fires should happen when a firefighter is on duty. It's currently kind of boring to be a firefighter, people just go FF when there is a big fire that is annoying people. No one actually plays firefighter for fun.
Adding more fires won't really solve the problem. Fire fighters are called to much more than just fires. For example, I think it would be good if a person tiers his vehicle and a ff is on duty, they must be called out to use a special tool (Spreader) to open the jammed door.

Reaction score
The idea about rescuing people with a jaws of life sounds like a huge pain in the arse that the game mode couldn’t effectively facilitate and utilise whilst making it a unique gameplay aspect people would give up powergrowing or playing cop for a few hours to play as.

Reaction score
The idea about rescuing people with a jaws of life sounds like a huge pain in the arse that the game mode couldn’t effectively facilitate and utilise whilst making it a unique gameplay aspect people would give up powergrowing or playing cop for a few hours to play as.
It would basically be a battering ram with a different texture + Only ff could get you out. The second the car gets tiered a person is locked inside. ( Only when ff is on) This way they get called out to more than just fires. I personally think it's a great idea and I don't think it's hard to implement.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score

i agree it would be a cool thing but just imagine tiering your car and having to wait ten mins for a firefighter to show up, people tier their cars constantly.

I think you should probably get more damaged for crashing your car as at the moment, unless you crash at like 90+mph you’re not gonna die

Reaction score
i agree it would be a cool thing but just imagine tiering your car and having to wait ten mins for a firefighter to show up, people tier their cars constantly.

I think you should probably get more damaged for crashing your car as at the moment, unless you crash at like 90+mph you’re not gonna die
It's realistic, Emergency services take time to respond, and if people don't want to wait for them, drive slow and not reckless to decrease chance of tiering car

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
It's realistic, Emergency services take time to respond, and if people don't want to wait for them, drive slow and not reckless to decrease chance of tiering car

its also realistic that when you get shot, you go to the hospital and have surgery. Not just get defibrillated and have a health pack pushed on you.

like I said, it’s a nice idea and it is realistic but I just don’t think it would work or be received very well by the community

it would be nice to have something that prevents people going 150mph and crashing into things and drifting everywhere but I don’t think this is the answer :/

but again, the hoses and definitely at least the ladder would be good and probably work well

Reaction score
We've already made some changes. If you want any more if these included try to make more individual and smaller suggestions.