Ability for SWAT to defuse explosives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/ability-for-swat-to-defuse-bombs-and-explosives.17138/

Full description of the idea: SWAT should be able to defuse explosives. In order to do that they should have some kind of "defuse kit" which they receive in the PD (most likely armory). If they see a bomb they'll have to press E on it. What they will see is some kind of window with about 6 wires. They have to cut the right one. If they don't, the bomb explodes.

Why should it be added?: At the moment, nobody is able to defuse bombs at the moment, this should definitely be added.

Pros:

• Due to a chance of 16% that the bomb would not go off, police officers would or should take care about the people around it
    • Would add another task for the Fire Department
    • More fun and more tension in such situations
Cons: None which I know of.

*Other additions: SWAT should be able to check cars for carbombs by pressing T while sneaking in front of the car.

PwGqSoL.jpg

The chance that they will defuse the bomb successfully is about 16 %.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think a firefighters job is to go into a apartment to defuse a bomb, correct? If anything, this should definetly be left to the SWAT to handle, with firefighters outside the premises ready for if the bomb is failed to be defused to provide aid and sort the fire (if there is one), not risk their life in this way.

Reaction score
Having a firefighter defuse a bomb is nowhere near what there duties should be. If anything, SWAT should be left to this because they are "already trained" and they would have experience doing this.

Reaction score
People seem to be a bit against this, but just think of how it gives new jobs for the Firefighters. It might be too much to ask for, but I think that SWAT and Firefighters should be able to defuse explosives.

User0

Firemen in real life do not deal with explosives.
There is an actual division within the police force
Bomb disposal
which is highly trained to defuse bombs and stuff.

Reaction score
Again, this is something I will raise at our next command team meeting as I think it's definitely an area that we've overlooked. I like the sound of giving the ability to both firefighters and SWAT though.

usar-stock.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction score
Denied.

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.