Suggestion Description: add back dumb rating

Why should this be added?:
- there are posts that need the dumb rating, honestly

What negatives could this have?:
- people will cry

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly I remember the amount of negativity it was bringing to the forums, Personally In my opinion I don't think it's needed.

Reaction score
Honestly I remember the amount of negativity it was bringing to the forums, Personally In my opinion I don't think it's needed.
Don't see how you can blame a rating for someone taking a Icon personal. There are already ratings such as;
Bad Spelling, Old, Optimistic and many others that can be taken alot more negative than a "dumb" rating. Don't really see a reason to really say no to this just dont be a snowflake?

Reaction score
The downside is it virtually replaced the “dislike” rating and was used where the dislike rating was ideal.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Don't see how you can blame a rating for someone taking a Icon personal. There are already ratings such as;
Bad Spelling, Old, Optimistic and many others that can be taken alot more negative than a "dumb" rating. Don't really see a reason to really say no to this just dont be a snowflake?
I think there’s a difference between saying someone’s being optimistic and pointing out they’ve got bad spelling. And then there’s saying someone’s dumb or what they are posting is dumb. For a community that’s trying to remove the negativity and the toxicity I don’t think that’s going to help a single bit. Instead of saying someone’s idea is “dumb” they could just dislike the post since that’s what they think. But adding the “dumb” rating is just unneeded and unnecessary and it’s not me being a “snowflake” when there was a post about removing toxicity from the community

Reaction score

The amount of upvotes for this suggestion has been heavily considered however we have had a discussion as a team and voted against this internally. Tackling toxicity has been the primary objective for us as Community Managers for quite some time and the dumb rating only created negativity and was not constructive, so it doesn't seem very wise to go back on that decision to remove it given we are in a relatively good state at the moment. Thanks for your suggestion and please believe me in that it was considered.