Server Suggestion Add confirmation to bank transfers over $250,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: stops people accidently mis placing a zero when transfering 100k and making some a accidental millionare

Why should this be added? (pros): less mess ups by people who miscounted

What negatives could this have? (cons): none really

*Other additions: before you send it will say

the amount you are transferring is [$1,000,00] [example ammount] are you sure this is amount you meant to transfer if not click cancel
[once sent this transfer cannot be cancelled]
then shows 2 options
Cancel Confirm

Reaction score
Confirmation for any transfer would be sufficient as its easy enough to missclick a 0.

Reaction score
Confirmation for any transfer would be sufficient as its easy enough to missclick a 0.
yeah but confirmation for low ammounts is just annoying it should probably be for high ammounts anyway most ppl arent transfering like 1mil daily so most ppl wont get the warning

Reaction score
Just doublecheck the amount before you send it? This is like saying add a confirmation before dropping over $250,000.

Reaction score
Just doublecheck the amount before you send it? This is like saying add a confirmation before dropping over $250,000.
yeah that's true, but some people might be making a lot of transactions often and will be confident they've entered everything correctly but then fuck up and die irl

Reaction score
yeah that's true, but some people might be making a lot of transactions often and will be confident they've entered everything correctly but then fuck up and die irl
you can never underestimate how bad people can mess up ngl
and with this you dont want people transfering a mil instead of 100k then going around mass rdming and quitting or something stupid like that

Reaction score
On no level is this the same? If I am paying someone 25k cash I take out 25k cash I don't take out 2 mill to pay someone 25k whereas in the bank you do have millions at a time when sending someone money and can make that mistake of an extra zero going from 25k to 250k. If it were up to me considering this is roleplay id have a confirmation screen for any amount. IRL if I send anyone money whether it's the money I pay for bills or money to a friend to cover the cost of something I get a confirmation page that shows me the name/details of that person and it shows the amount that I am paying them. Not to say that we need all of that but at least a pop-up that gives you an option for yes or no. Or to make it look smarter like it would IRL just have a second page on the phone that once you click to pay it shows you the details of said transaction that you are about to make. This can rule out people rage quitting the server because instead of paying 90k to someone they pay 900k. And I don't know about you but reading 100000 I find sometimes can be hard in that tiny box so having a page that is laid out like this:

You are about to pay XXXXXXXX bank number:
XXXXXXXXXX amount of money

Confirm-----------------------------Canel
Add's that extra security for people and just makes life easier and means people don't lose out on money for a stupid unrealistic reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.