add lithium ion batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithium ion batteries have a tendency to explode when overheated or overcharged. this explosion is like a water balloon pop but can cause serious fire damage (third degree burns).
what i am suggesting is the addition of these batteries to power possible future and current electronic devices such as radio's and cellphones. if you look around you, you may find a lithium ion battery as close to you as your cell phone. these batteries are everywhere and do not always explode and most of the time they explode because they where altered or left charging over a long time untended.

these batteries would be bought from a normal shop separately but i was thinking that a player can extend the battery life by combining the batteries together. it only takes batteries, wires, a soldering gun, and some solder. their should also be a fail chance that causes a fire because of overheating caused by faulty wiring.

the way they are charged is by a lithium ion charger but we can make it so that players can only charge battery packs (not single batteries) when near an electrical outlet inside a house or apartment. if the player is not paying attention to the charging battery then the battery may explode and cause a fire.

what could they be used for specifically?
power bombs
extend battery life on electronics
flashlights
power a laptop that could be used to poke around the forums or play games while waiting for drugs to grow
laser sights?
police taser (so they can stop killing people who are unarmed and resisting arrest by running away from being cuffed)
power a spotlight
volt meter - measure the charge of your unused batteries
thermometer - is that battery getting warm and need to stop charging?
anything you can think of that can use a battery

batteries would be nice and can serve as a gateway fore some interesting items. but when tampering with these batteries, you run the added risk of starting a fire. (witch is not too bad, because firefighter does not get many as it is.

(side note - I wrote this when I was 3/4 asleep and I plan on editing it to make more sense later... when I wake up.)
(side side note - if you want more info on the battery then go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery )

Status
Not open for further replies.