Updates in the Future (Criminal + Neutral Roleplay)

Reaction score
Ideas for the Perp Heads Server
Keeping Players coming back

A big update would be nice for Perp Heads, although I enjoy this server very much, I have been watching some threads and I have been seeing threads talking about updates/suggestions, and some threads talking about the death of Perp Heads. I do not believe that it is unsaveable, with a few updates, upgrading the server and allowing more content to be added as well into the server, will give more experienced players a good time playing on Perp rather than sitting in a room all day, I feel as though there should be updates that, make it so that doing drugs and raiding are not the only criminal activities. the 'Smuggling NPC' idea is something I greatly agree on as it brings more immersion/content to the server, letting people have fun and always have an objective, rather than sitting around. These are some ideas mainly for Criminal Roleplay, some for neutral RP too, something that can bring more of a criminal and realistic feel, then just doing drugs 24/7, because after a while, it becomes repetitive, events are one of those things that break repetition, but also destroys immersion, it isn't really roleplay, and more of an OOC gathering/fun party, rather than a Roleplaying event, which is understandable, as it's meant for that. These are suggestions to me that will bring more roleplay event type themes for criminals, if you do not agree with these ideas, a rating isn't considered constructive criticism and I really hope you delve deeper into that and comment on why you don't like this idea? Or a specific part of it, other people may add on their suggestions if they like (I hope you do <3).

1. Adding onto the 'Smuggling NPC' Idea, It is a fantastic idea, and can bring risks as well as advantages to leaving your drug home, and do something else, it gives more of a criminal feel, but the con is that police can't see or take the weapons, like a concealed weapon or marijuana; good drivers can just get out of that situation like a bullet, and it will become repetitive even more. Something that can notify police would be some sort of notification, my suggestion would be that we make these NPC's and put them in locations that can be seen by CCTV cameras, this would really pressure Dispatchers to search the CCTV Cameras, it would be more realistic, for a pop up wouldn't be realistic, (ex. dealing drugs in real life doesn't automatically notify the police). This would give more importance to CCTV Cameras and more of an immersive feel to the server. (100% Criminal RP)

2. The News Paper Feature, buying a newspaper in PERP Right now is pretty useless, so here's some things we can add to it! (Maybe a job consisting of making the newspaper, [Press E on the Newspaper, Write on what has happened recently, PD raids, organisation/terrorist attacks, stories about criminals, massive fires, mayor corruption, current sales at bazaar, basically an overview of what's going on, make a copy of the news paper, materials for copying cost around 150$, and then give your newspaper to an NPC, where he will transport it to the public via the store system] and perhaps each day a new newspaper comes, making it so you don't just have to buy a newspaper one time, maybe reduce the price of a newspaper as well). Making this Newspaper feature accepted will give journalists and people who like doing something in spare time something to do, perhaps it can give the PLN something to do, and can be a job that has to be applied for/strictly monitored. Although people don't buy the newspaper, it gives something to read and check out while sitting at home. (85% Civillian RP, 15% Criminal RP)

3. Cooking and Hunger, a feature that to me seems very underrated, you can cook only 3 types of fish, with minimal gain for hunger, perhaps it's time to change that, their should be more types of fish, that you can catch and sell to an NPC of sorts, or you can sell it to people, their should be fish of rarity, the more rare your catch, the more money you make out of selling it, and by eating a rare fish, some temp gain should be there, like instantly restores hunger, or never lose stamina for 10 minutes. Fish of normal rarity should give very small amounts of hunger regeneration when cooked, and high amounts when cooked, as it is more expensive then a burger, it should give twice the amount of hunger as a burger. Another thing would be necessities, such as Thirst, entertainment and maybe even Hygiene, thirst can work the same as hunger, and eating fish/fruits/healthy meals can give thirst as well, something like playing on the phone or watching the TV or listening to the radio or even just going outside can give entertainment (If you don't do it well, I guess the color could be more dark, as the world could be nothing but a bore, but if you have fun frequently, it gives more color to your game play, like it is currently. Hygiene can work differently, by showering/brushing your teeth [the bathtub can finally be used for something] frequently, you get hygiene, if you avoid hygiene, perhaps this static type border could come around your screen, making a static type noise, as well as a green skunk type smell following you wherever you go. This would give more activities to complete/tasks for an average person to do. (100% Neutral RP)

4. Car Hijacking, being able to lockpick into cars would have more effect if this was accepted, basically, the idea is to lockpick and break into a vehicle, go to a secret location, and using tools of different types of disabling (Such as there is a tool at hardware for tyres, doors, hoods, etc.). Once the parts have been taken off you sell tem to the Chop Shop vendor [Or you could also just sell the car itself], giving a hefty amount of money for each thing, (if you dismantle the car getting 20-25k or more, ust selling the car would give 10k [Perhaps the addition of dismantling car parts would be good, although you can't remove everything alone, so once you give it to the chop shop, the entire trunk is reset). Of course after chop shopping, 10 minutes after, the owner has to pay insurance for the car back, a fair price, because the owner was not careful of his vehicle. This would force players to be more realistic, and make their cars more secure to avoid loss. Another Idea would be that when your driving around, if you break your car, some parts could come loose, like a tyre, so if you had dismantled a car tyre before, you could try replacing the broken with the new. But of course the car would look wonky, and the police might have to pull you over to check and ask why 1 tyre is different from all the rest? If they catch you with dismantling tools at that time, an arrest would be taken in place. An animation for dismantling vehicle parts, something that takes a good couple minutes. (100% Criminal Roleplay)

5. Phone Connection and Data, new phones and battery life, this would give more of a realistic feel. All Property owners would have to pay seperate money for calls and texts. Like Internet connection. Every public place or near a public place should have internet connection, and phones should have battery life, it does not make sense to play games for 6 hours without losing battery, maybe every 5 hours in game, it loses a bar of battery, now the addition of a phone store would be good, where you can buy internet connection for your homes, when your outside, where you can buy phone chargers,(like 100-200$) and place them in places like plugs where you can charge your phone. Taking lots of in game time to fully charge, different phones would also be nice, a more expensive phone (for like 10k or something for the very rich) having tons and tons of games to experience and play, as well as free internet wherever you go, and 3x the charge of an average phone. while something cheaper would be the opposite. Although it may be a hassle, it gives immersion and gives some players a sense of realism, as well as giving another activity for criminals to go outside [Cops having the 10k phone for all times when they are On Duty]. (100% Neutral)

These are my suggestions for the server, involving immersion, as well as a bit of a hassle. However there is a sense of realism in playing and it gives something to do. Please give constructive criticism for these ideas, and not just hating on it or putting something like 'TL;DR', this is a good server, and these are just my opinions of what is best, I hope you can add some suggestions to this thread as well, as it can keep New Players as well as Experienced Players coming back for more. Thank you for reading this thready and I do encourage you to reply your suggestions (in the suggestions thread or in this one,) for the server.

Thanks,

Matt Fields

Reaction score
2. The News Paper Feature, buying a newspaper in PERP Right now is pretty useless, so here's some things we can add to it! (Maybe a job consisting of making the newspaper, [Press E on the Newspaper, Write on what has happened recently, PD raids, organisation/terrorist attacks, stories about criminals, massive fires, mayor corruption, current sales at bazaar, basically an overview of what's going on, make a copy of the news paper, materials for copying cost around 150$, and then give your newspaper to an NPC, where he will transport it to the public via the store system] and perhaps each day a new newspaper comes, making it so you don't just have to buy a newspaper one time, maybe reduce the price of a newspaper as well). Making this Newspaper feature accepted will give journalists and people who like doing something in spare time something to do, perhaps it can give the PLN something to do, and can be a job that has to be applied for/strictly monitored. Although people don't buy the newspaper, it gives something to read and check out while sitting at home. (85% Civillian RP, 15% Criminal RP)

The newspaper actually used to work, but the website went away for "big changes" that we're likely never going to see.

Reaction score
This was a thing once upon a time and it was very well made too, check https://paralake.news/. Unfortunately, like most additions, it was pretty popular at first but as time passed, reporters stopped writing articles and everyone slowly forgot about it till it completely died as there weren't any benefits in writing articles and having them published (at one point I remember reporters receiving money for each article they had published but it still didn't work? Can't really remember). There were a few attempts to revive this but none really worked out.

or never lose stamina for 10 minutes.
Never knew eating fish could turn you into a superhuman hehe.
Regarding the fish suggestion, I spent quite a bit of time thinking about what I personally would like to see changed and added to make fish and the whole food system more "balanced" without having to remake the whole current system for food, see my reply if you can be bothered https://perpheads.com/threads/fishing.33490/. Now about being thirsty, it is an interesting idea but it would come more of a bother rather than something nice for players to have. While it is realistic, I don't think it would be fun to be implemented in a Garry's mod server. Same with hygiene.
Same with this, more of a hassle to players than a fun feature.

About 1 and 4 I don't really know what to say. I'd prefer if someone thought about them a lot and suggested a well thought out, balanced way to implement them instead of this, it sounds very dark rp-ish.

Reaction score
Another Idea would be that when your driving around, if you break your car, some parts could come loose, like a tyre, so if you had dismantled a car tyre before, you could try replacing the broken with the new. But of course the car would look wonky, and the police might have to pull you over to check and ask why 1 tyre is different from all the rest? If they catch you with dismantling tools at that time, an arrest would be taken in place. An animation for dismantling vehicle parts, something that takes a good couple minutes. (100% Criminal Roleplay)

Specific things like this cannot happen due to source engine limitations. The vehicles we're using are TDM, which essentially are re-modelled jeep vehicles. Standard type vehicles will not work with this.
An entity based vehicle however could, if you look at SCars or Simfphys. The problem with these types though is that they cause severe amounts of lag or handle unrealistically and can often glitch out.

5. Phone Connection and Data, new phones and battery life, this would give more of a realistic feel. All Property owners would have to pay seperate money for calls and texts. Like Internet connection. Every public place or near a public place should have internet connection, and phones should have battery life, it does not make sense to play games for 6 hours without losing battery, maybe every 5 hours in game, it loses a bar of battery, now the addition of a phone store would be good, where you can buy internet connection for your homes, when your outside, where you can buy phone chargers,(like 100-200$) and place them in places like plugs where you can charge your phone. Taking lots of in game time to fully charge, different phones would also be nice, a more expensive phone (for like 10k or something for the very rich) having tons and tons of games to experience and play, as well as free internet wherever you go, and 3x the charge of an average phone. while something cheaper would be the opposite. Although it may be a hassle, it gives immersion and gives some players a sense of realism, as well as giving another activity for criminals to go outside [Cops having the 10k phone for all times when they are On Duty]. (100% Neutral)

Just use your phone IRL? This is extremely excessive for a phone in a virtual environment.

Car Hijacking, being able to lockpick into cars would have more effect if this was accepted, basically, the idea is to lockpick and break into a vehicle, go to a secret location, and using tools of different types of disabling (Such as there is a tool at hardware for tyres, doors, hoods, etc.). Once the parts have been taken off you sell tem to the Chop Shop vendor [Or you could also just sell the car itself], giving a hefty amount of money for each thing, (if you dismantle the car getting 20-25k or more, ust selling the car would give 10k [Perhaps the addition of dismantling car parts would be good, although you can't remove everything alone, so once you give it to the chop shop, the entire trunk is reset). Of course after chop shopping, 10 minutes after, the owner has to pay insurance for the car back, a fair price, because the owner was not careful of his vehicle. This would force players to be more realistic, and make their cars more secure to avoid loss.

Slightly excessive in places, and certain things not at all possible with the vehicle types we use, such as dismantling parts of a car.
I can agree with some kind of chop shop being introduced, but not to this degree. I certainly do not agree with peoples trunks essentially being emptied on destruction. A 35k reward for doing this seems reasonable so long as time restrictions between vehicles are in place. (For example creating too much traffic at the area of the chop shop could attract police attention, which would be the RP reason for not accepting another vehicle)

1. Adding onto the 'Smuggling NPC' Idea, It is a fantastic idea, and can bring risks as well as advantages to leaving your drug home, and do something else, it gives more of a criminal feel, but the con is that police can't see or take the weapons, like a concealed weapon or marijuana; good drivers can just get out of that situation like a bullet, and it will become repetitive even more. Something that can notify police would be some sort of notification, my suggestion would be that we make these NPC's and put them in locations that can be seen by CCTV cameras, this would really pressure Dispatchers to search the CCTV Cameras, it would be more realistic, for a pop up wouldn't be realistic, (ex. dealing drugs in real life doesn't automatically notify the police). This would give more importance to CCTV Cameras and more of an immersive feel to the server. (100% Criminal RP)

I agree with this suggestion, it could also work like the bank robbery in regards to the money appearing as "stolen money" for cops when they search you. Obviously corresponding with the item you are carrying such as "Illegal contraband" that is inaccessible by the player through the inventory, which means they'll have to finish the delivery or fail to do it in time.

Reaction score
Specific things like this cannot happen due to source engine limitations. The vehicles we're using are TDM, which essentially are re-modelled jeep vehicles. Standard type vehicles will not work with this.
An entity based vehicle however could, if you look at SCars or Simfphys. The problem with these types though is that they cause severe amounts of lag or handle unrealistically and can often glitch out.

Just use your phone IRL? This is extremely excessive for a phone in a virtual environment.

Slightly excessive in places, and certain things not at all possible with the vehicle types we use, such as dismantling parts of a car.
I can agree with some kind of chop shop being introduced, but not to this degree. I certainly do not agree with peoples trunks essentially being emptied on destruction. A 35k reward for doing this seems reasonable so long as time restrictions between vehicles are in place. (For example creating too much traffic at the area of the chop shop could attract police attention, which would be the RP reason for not accepting another vehicle)

I agree with this suggestion, it could also work like the bank robbery in regards to the money appearing as "stolen money" for cops when they search you. Obviously corresponding with the item you are carrying such as "Illegal contraband" that is inaccessible by the player through the inventory, which means they'll have to finish the delivery or fail to do it in time.

There's a car mod that I can't remember the name of that makes TDM cars have individual parts that need to be replaced in order to function. They used it on monolith and IMO it'd be great for this.

Reaction score
This was a thing once upon a time and it was very well made too, check https://paralake.news/. Unfortunately, like most additions, it was pretty popular at first but as time passed, reporters stopped writing articles and everyone slowly forgot about it till it completely died as there weren't any benefits in writing articles and having them published (at one point I remember reporters receiving money for each article they had published but it still didn't work? Can't really remember). There were a few attempts to revive this but none really worked out.

Never knew eating fish could turn you into a superhuman hehe.
Regarding the fish suggestion, I spent quite a bit of time thinking about what I personally would like to see changed and added to make fish and the whole food system more "balanced" without having to remake the whole current system for food, see my reply if you can be bothered https://perpheads.com/threads/fishing.33490/. Now about being thirsty, it is an interesting idea but it would come more of a bother rather than something nice for players to have. While it is realistic, I don't think it would be fun to be implemented in a Garry's mod server. Same with hygiene.

Same with this, more of a hassle to players than a fun feature.

About 1 and 4 I don't really know what to say. I'd prefer if someone thought about them a lot and suggested a well thought out, balanced way to implement them instead of this, it sounds very dark rp-ish.

Your correct, 5 is more of a hassle, and, I guess it should not be added now that I think about it. Thirst and Hygiene, if players feel they are a hassle, they shouldn't be added, it'll make players leave. Thank you for that, and I read the fishing site, It's sort of what I was going for, maybe the fish theme can be rebalanced? Without having to remove everything on burgers and such, other than that, thank you for replying, very constructive and helpful.

Reaction score

For your 1st question reply, it doesn't have to be a full model of a dismantled car? Maybe just when you dismantle it, some items can appear in your inventory? Would that be better? Cause less lag? I understand though if this is not possible/it would cause way too much lag, do you know any way this can be turned around though? Thanks

For your 2nd Reply, it does not have to be too detailed, when your phone runs out of battery, perhaps its auto toggled off, and whenever you try to pull it up, there's a notification as it's out of charge, same with internet whenever you try to do something that involves internet;calling/texting.
But I do understand some of my suggestions may seem more of a hassle, rather than realism, I appreciate your response, thank you.

For your 3rd question reply , I guess you can remove the trunk part being sold. When the car respawns, perhaps the player after 10 minutes can regain their car after being sold (they still have to pay insurance) other than that, the rest of that question reply seems good, thank you.

Really Helpful, thanks man