Fire Fighter Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Fire Fighter Additions

Short explanation (in notes):
- Jaws of life (Cars have a chance to trap people inside when crashed need to be opened with the jaws of life. Speed increases chance of being trapped and you need to be near a full-size fire truck to represent hydraulic hoses to power it.)

- Fog Nozzle (Wide cone/area spray for keeping a wide area under control but extinguishes as fast as handheld extinguisher and the range but covers a decent area)

-PASS Device (If you go down it beeps every 5 seconds for a minuet to aid in rescue (locating your body) if you go down in a fire, needs to be activated before it will work. When it activates and you get revived you need to get a new battery From the Fire station NPC.)

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I know i have submitted this before but i finally put thought into these functions and and decided balanced ways (In my mind.) that these would work and I'm fine with only two or one of these being added.

Jaws Of Life: When ever you crash your car and it gets disabled there's a chance that you become trapped in your car and need to be rescued with a jaws of life. The speed at which the crash that disables your car is at affects the chance of you becoming trapped. Cops can use battering rams to free people to but it hurts the person inside sometimes and takes awhile so it's mostly an emergency only use as if they're hurt bad you could do more bad than good. Swinging a big metal ram isn't safe after all there's glass and you could hit them and smashing a opening for someone isn't easy with a big bulky metal ram. You need to be near a fire truck to use the jaws as it needs hydraulic fluid to power it.

Fog Nozzle: Basically this uses the standard hose model and behaves like a hose but puts out 3 water (I think they're entities? Not sure.) tiles per shot in a triangle shape. This has decreased fire fighting capabilities (About the rate of the extinguisher.) but is intended to keep fires down maybe to provide an exit for civilians or keep a fire contained while others attack the fire. We could make it so the hose does this when you right click.

PASS Device: This isn't that big of a thing but it would help. You basically activate the device and when your downed by a fire it beeps every 10 seconds for one minuet and after it goes off you need to talk to the fire station NPC to get a new battery for it for it to work. This is mostly for those that use smoke and to help locate a downed fire fighter to try and get him medical aid. I chose the beep period as its enough someone on scene can find them but those coming from off scene don't have it and i chose the battery idea as if you forget about it then if you go down you might not be found.

Optional additions:
-
-
-

Reaction score
+Support
A lot of detailed... things here. This would add a lot more RP situations for firefighters, though it might lag the server a bit.

Also I call my penis the Fog Nozzle, let's add it.

Reaction score
I believe fog nozzle would most likely be added as the jaws of life has been suggested and denied and the pass device sounds like a cheaper life alert. The nozzle I would like to see but I have concerns about its use as its a not very commonly used job.

Status
Not open for further replies.