Add starter guide to F1 menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Add @flugs starter guide to the F1 menu in a new tab. In addition, when new players join the server, give them a popup notification informing them of the guide in the same way that when police go on-duty it tells them about the police computer.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  1. Helps out new players by telling them exactly how to start
  2. Lowers the chance of a new player leaving immediately because they don't know how to play
What negatives could this have? (cons):
  1. The guide is excessively long so new players might not bother reading it.
*Other additions: https://perpheads.com/threads/the-complete-starter-guide.41507/#post-319409 (Guide link)

Credit to @jjjackier for coming up with the idea on the guide post.

Reaction score
Is it biased if I support this?

The only issue I see with this is that whatever 2004 engine GMod uses won't support this website because it's made with a modern framework. If it does then I'd definitely love to see it put to some use like this.

Reaction score
doesn't have to be directly displayed on the f1 menu it can just take you to the website, like when you talk to the police NPC.

Reaction score
Me and Tiny are working on a perp wiki at the moment, however, that’s designed to allow any user to create their own guide on the website.
I believe that @flugs guide is probably better for brand new players, so yeah, this should definitely be implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.