Server Suggestion Allow Bullet Casings to be bought at the gun store

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Allow Bullet Casings to be bought at the gun store
Suggestion Description: Allow Bullet Casings to be bought at the gun store for a marked-up fee, similarly to Refined Metal.

Why should this be added?:
- Ease of crafting for ammo.
- Way to get around the gene requirement, similarly to Refined Metal.
- Takes additional money out of the economy in return for convenience.

What negatives could this have?:
- Could cause an imbalance with ammo crafting.

Reaction score
I also want to ask why anything craft-able isn’t sellable. Just seems like they should be.

Reaction score
I also want to ask why anything craft-able isn’t sellable. Just seems like they should be.
What does this mean in particular sorry? Bit confused, do you mean sellable to NPCs?

Reaction score
What does this mean in particular sorry? Bit confused, do you mean sellable to NPCs?
Wow sorry, I just reread the post and completely botched this reply.

I am actually against this suggestion because I believe craft-able items should be sold by players. It may be easy to craft but it doesn’t mean you should be able to buy it from the vendors.

Reaction score
Wow sorry, I just reread the post and completely botched this reply.

I am actually against this suggestion because I believe craft-able items should be sold by players. It may be easy to craft but it doesn’t mean you should be able to buy it from the vendors.
What differentiates this from Refined Metal though? If anything, it would make more sense for a gun store to sell bullet casings than refined metal. Additionally, due to the mark-up players could still craft and sell bullet casings for lower than NPC but higher than craft price - for example, NPC price could be 500 for bullet casings but players could sell them for 400 after crafting them for 250. I don't think anyone would buy them from other players for more than 500 honestly.

Would only be a small amount of additional convenience, taking 5-10 seconds off crafting each box of ammo & not requiring the one gene it requires that the ammunition itself doesn't.

Reaction score
What differentiates this from Refined Metal though? If anything, it would make more sense for a gun store to sell bullet casings than refined metal. Additionally, due to the mark-up players could still craft and sell bullet casings for lower than NPC but higher than craft price - for example, NPC price could be 500 for bullet casings but players could sell them for 400 after crafting them for 250. I don't think anyone would buy them from other players for more than 500 honestly.

Would only be a small amount of additional convenience, taking 5-10 seconds off crafting each box of ammo & not requiring the one gene it requires that the ammunition itself doesn't.
While I understand your point, I believe it will impact demand as well. If I can buy hundreds of them from the vendor and not even have to spend the time to make them, it makes it that much easier to craft ammo. Honestly I just don't see a need to change this. It either forces players to buying the ammo directly from players or to craft it themselves. Adding the convenience of getting bullet casings from a vendor cuts that time required to make it in half.

Reaction score
While I understand your point, I believe it will impact demand as well. If I can buy hundreds of them from the vendor and not even have to spend the time to make them, it makes it that much easier to craft ammo.
The demand for ammo is pretty consistent due to the nature of its use - prices at Bazaar are already often at or around craft price so they couldn't exactly go down further.

Honestly I just don't see a need to change this. It either forces players to buying the ammo directly from players or to craft it themselves.
I'm confused again, might be missing something in this because that's how it always is

Adding the convenience of getting bullet casings from a vendor cuts that time required to make it in half.
Assuming Crafting 50:
- Pistol ammo time is reduced from 21 to 14 seconds, making it a 1/3 reduction
- Rifle ammo is reduced from 35 to 28 seconds, making it a 1/5 reduction
- Sniper ammo is reduced from 51 to 44 seconds, making it just under a 1/7 reduction

It's a very small amount of comparative time saved for essentially double the cost of bullet casings, which isn't too bad at all.