Server Suggestion Allow talking while Police Computer is open

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Allow talking while Police Computer is open
Suggestion Description: Right now, you can't talk if you have the Police Computer open.

However, the server already allows dispatchers to talk while having the Dispatch UI open (although it stops working while you have the Police Database open), so:

As a Police Officer/Dispatcher/EMS/FF, I want to be able to talk in voice chat/unit/gov radio even if I have the Police Database open, so that I can talk to fellow officers or suspects without having to close it every time.

This will allow me to check info while communicating with my unit, a suspect, or the whole police force using the radio.

For example, if I want to read aloud a DNA match to a suspect, I have to write the info down or take a screenshot, then close the UI to be able to talk. With this suggestion, I could read it without effort.

As a bonus, consider also allowing talking while having the DNA Tool open.

Why should this be added?:
- Increased comfort when using the computer.
- Will allow officers to talk to suspects without having to close the computer.
- Will allow officers to communicate information found on the computer without having to close it.

What negatives could this have?:
- Development time and attention.

Useful Images:

ind

Reaction score
+1, same with the DNA gun it would be handy to be able to talk too.

Reaction score
There is also a bug, when you open Police computrer, while speaking over the radio, the PTT remains pressed even when you close police computer. But yes, I do belive that this should be fixed in both situation, on the police computer, and while scanning DNA. The other thing is you can speak over the radio with no problem while scanning DNA, but you cannot speak.

Reaction score
IIRC opening the menu whilst transmitting your microphone allows you to use chat or radio depending what you were using when you pressed f3 to begin with.

Reaction score
IIRC opening the menu whilst transmitting your microphone allows you to use chat or radio depending what you were using when you pressed f3 to begin with.
That is correct, but you cant stop transmitting, and you will be transmitting even when you close the window, so you have to press b/n/x again to stop transmitting, after you close the window

Reaction score

This is actually fairly annoying, people will hear my heavy neckbeard breathing and my clicky keyboard while I try to look up their perp with a long ass unreadable name

Reaction score
This is actually fairly annoying, people will hear my heavy neckbeard breathing and my clicky keyboard while I try to look up their perp with a long ass unreadable name
Exactly, Im known for my loud keyboard, and vaping, so I imagine people hearing me vapig 11 times while setting 1 warrant XD

Status
Not open for further replies.