Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Where the sun never shines. Wait i mean my bedroom
Discussion Post:

Main Idea:
Police Computer Website

Full description of the idea:
When dispatching you sometimes have to use the police computer, which is pretty hard when sitting in the dispatchers chair (The new chairs don't even support the computers). This is where it would help to have a website for the computer. This means that you will be able to use the Police Computer from your secondary monitor, making it waay easier and much more simple for dispatchers.
The website will look just like the one ingame (Could potentially be spiced up a bit if devs feel like it).
Ofc. this idea has a few flaws, one being that it could easily be abused by normal officers. To prevent this i propose that there would be a login screen (Much like the one on plpd.online). The website will then check whether you truly are a dispatcher. If possible you could maybe even have it check whether you're on duty or not.

Why should it be added?:
It will make the police computer way more accessible for dispatcher, thus much easier to use.

Pros:
Makes the police computer more accessible to Dispatchers.
Dispatchers will have faster reaction time and will be way more effective when searching information.
Will rid of the tedious jumping in and out of chairs to access the police computer.

Cons:
Could be abused
Might be seen as "op" by some players

Reaction score
This is open to too much abuse in my opinion. I think it would be best for the chairs to be fixed to support use of the computer.

What if Dispatchers go on-duty, log on, then go off duty and use the warrants list as criminals?

I think this is a bit more trouble than it's worth unfortunately

Reaction score
You dont need to jump out and on the chair, you can just press on the x and then press F3 again, while sitting on the chair, atleast i could last time.

Reaction score
Code that activates/refreshes every minute to check if you're an onduty dispatch? Kinda like how the activity timer refreshes every minute to update?

Reaction score
While Dispatching needs to become easier, one idea I had was to technically make the map a tab on the police computer, however only available to dispatchers in the dispatch chair.

So say for instance a Dispatch sits in his chair, while yes, his map would pop up as the first website, he also has complete access to the police computer in the same popup, would just have to change the tab.

Say for instance an officer sits in the same dispatch chair, no map, regular police computer.

Reaction score
No, and No dispatch dont need to be easier, if its too Hard for you to dispatch, just dont do it lol. Throughout 2 years of being dispatcher, and there has been No problems.

Dispatch is incredibly easy to do lmao, besides this stupid Police computer USED to be retarded to access, but now you can press F3 whenever you want to, so it could hardly be any easier.

Reaction score
I think you thought tab as a Google Chrome Tab. I'm talking about tab on the ingame computers and such, like the warrants and employee's tab.

It's mainly a quality of life feature. But what I'm trying to get across is that it's just annoying to have to open up a whole separate in-game feature to do your fact-finding, then come back, then maybe have to go back again, and it becomes annoying and slow sometimes. So I just thought this could remedy it. It's not hard, it's just aggravating having to jump in and out of your chair.

Reaction score
@zXDroNEXz No i knew what you meant, and I see what you Mean. But then again you dont have to jump out of chair to open F3 anymore, you can open and close it while sitting on the chair now(Atleast last time i was on as dispatcher which is less than a week ago).

Reaction score
I have to disagree, I'm all for updates to dispatch as I currently find it boring half the time. But this suggestion is beyond stupid. There is a much easier way to fix this, make it so to acsess the dispatch screen you press R once in the chair, then to close it, the X, this would eject you out the chair. Then to use the computer, get in the chair and press F3. Much more easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.