Server Suggestion Government Radio Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Government Radio Changes
Suggestion Description: Recently with the high levels of players when you are on duty it feels like there is ALOT going on and it makes it feel very unorganised, i tried to go on as a dispatcher and it is very hard to maintain control as there are so many serious situations going on.

I propose we add three changes to the radio that can be used by dispatcher to create a more controlled and organised response.

Response Group Radio
This will work by the dispatcher selecting the units to go in each response radio. This will be their global radio (b) so they can communicate with everyone inside and the dispatcher.
This means that during normal times (no serious incidents) they will work like normal communicating with the dispatcher. If there is a serious situation that requires open comms they can do this whilst allowing the other response teams to continue respond where they are required.

Toggle Global Radio
This will allow the Dispatcher to control if Units can communicate to each other or just to the dispatcher. This will force the units to use radio protocol and keep radio chatter for units to a minimum. Corporal+ Should be able to choose if they wish to hear all chatter via the radio menu. As an officer you would simply get communication from the Dispatcher.

Direct Radio
Allow the dispatcher to select a unit to talk to. This will be closed communication between the dispatcher and the unit. This would be useful for conversation between supervisors and dispatchers and also when large amounts of communication is likely.

Whilst this might all seem excessive for a job that is rarely used, i believe it would encourage more dispatchers on and create better response/rp.

Why should this be added?:
- Better RP
-Less headaches when cop
-Better organisation
-More responses to more situations

What negatives could this have?:
- n/a

Reaction score
With the old system, we did have it so that each service could be separated and you could talk directly to dispatch via N. The Group thing is a thing now as then you join an incident you can talk via incident radio so only people assigned can hear you.

Reaction score
I see what you're getting at, but most of this should be resolved by the incident radio.

A suggestion that is more likely to get accepted would be enabling dispatchers to join incident radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.