Allow zipties to be purchased from safety first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:

As the title says, allow zipties to be purchased from Safety First.

Why should this be added? (pros):

A lot of people, myself included, when unable to keep their gun pointed on a police officer will shoot them. I believe that if this is added due to the ability to buy zipties being easier then more people will try to detain police/hostages and leave them behind rather than shooting them as they can guarantee their own safety as they make a getaway.

What negatives could this have? (cons):

Could take away from the players who do craft and sell. However would only lower the amount of profit.

*Other additions:

N/A

N/A

Reaction score
It only costs you 5 plastic or a fishing trip, tbh they don't take long to craft, it will take you more time to get them from the store than to just craft them.
Your excuse of people will detain more? no just craft them...., same result it is absolutely not necessary for a store to sell them and above all zipties are also absolutely not a safety first item :D

Deleted member 5577

Maybe safety first as well as the tech shop? I feel like this would be fairly realistic to sell them here and adds another option to buy them in a hurry

Reaction score
Unrelated question for now but do you require a workbench to craft them? If not then I could see some kind of incentive to make them not require one but I fear people will just run around with a bunch of plastic on their hand and craft zip ties whenever they need them.

Reaction score
  • Staff
It only costs you 5 plastic or a fishing trip, tbh they don't take long to craft, it will take you more time to get them from the store than to just craft them.
Your excuse of people will detain more? no just craft them...., same result it is absolutely not necessary for a store to sell them and above all zipties are also absolutely not a safety first item :D
Personally, I would rather buy them than craft them myself, even if I paid 2x the price.

Reaction score
Zipties are almost criminally underused despite them being great for a lot of different things. They're probably not used much because it's annoying to craft an item you might not use very often, but it's a pain when you don't have any. Adding them to some of the shops would hopefully make people use them more

Deleted member 5577

Zipties are almost criminally underused despite them being great for a lot of different things. They're probably not used much because it's annoying to craft an item you might not use very often, but it's a pain when you don't have any. Adding them to some of the shops would hopefully make people use them more
Actually they’re usually used criminally smh out of touch staff

Reaction score
Personally, I would rather buy them than craft them myself, even if I paid 2x the price.
I could agree on this indeed, items that are bought should have a significant price increase so the margin of the item for crafter is still there such as 25%,50% and 75% metal, so like a 0% price of 1500 should be sufficient (1.5x price increase as to 0% crafting price of 5 plastic($200 each))

Also for the shop, Uncle Cos seems to be for me way more realistic as you would find zipties in a hardware store not in a kind of pharmacy type store

Sam

Reaction score
Accepted

Zip Ties will be sold at Uncle Cos in the City and at RagnaTech in the Business District.

Status
Not open for further replies.