Anonymous adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Be able to place anonymous adverts, which would be way expensive then normal adverts. Would be like 5-8k to place one.

Suggest making it like this
[Advert] * * : Mayor lower the taxes or we will end you.

*edit
[Darkweb (or something else)] * * : Mayor lower the taxes or we will end you

Why should this be added? (pros)
:
Gives more chances to rp. Like hostage situations/ demands /where you don't want your name to be said through the whole server. Advert can be a very important element for rp situations.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Can be op, shouldn't be

Last edited:
I'd rather see something like a "Dark Web" advert kind of thing that is anonymous. I dont really think anonymous adverts would work as an advert saying Mayor we will end you isnt an advert but rather a twitter post if you get what im saying

Could add a criminal phone app which police are blocked from accessing, similar to tooter but for offering less than legal services.

Description of the idea: Be able to place anonymous adverts, which would be way expensive then normal adverts. Would be like 5-8k to place one.

Suggest making it like this
[Advert] * * : Mayor lower the taxes or we will end you.

Why should this be added? (pros):
Gives more chances to rp. Like hostage situations/ demands /where you don't want your name to be said through the whole server. Advert can be a very important element for rp situations.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Can be op, shouldn't be

In-game adverts should be seen as a ad in the local newspaper or on the local radio. Any credible news station would never let you threaten the life of the mayor... Adverts is not a direct method of communication, it should be seen as I said above as a ad.

So considering what I said above, how would this type of functionality be useful?

adverts tend to require forms and agreements to fill out which requires your name, etc anyway so this I don't think would be very realistic

@Samuel

Like @Synatec and @BigBenji said.
Using something different like a darkweb could be used for these type of ads. A phone app wouldn’t work tho.
maybe instead of
[Advert] * * : Mayor lower the taxes or we will end you
[Darkweb (or something else)] * * : Mayor lower the taxes or we will end you

Last edited:
if we’re talking ‘realism’ chances of your local mayor browsing on the dark web is slim to none unless their a nonce.

I agree with everyone else regarding adverts being public, as they should be. However, I do miss when they used to be anonymous. I think using Tooter and just making an anonymous account is a fine idea. Maybe if 'toots' were announced in chat just like adverts? Would be a great way to expand on the current advert system, and would allow for some interesting roleplay regarding personas and what not.

In order to find a dark web domain you'd either need to be given the link, or pot luck guess a .onion domain code, which would be very difficult to do and would take up a lot of time.

Why would the mayor be on the dark web surely it wouldn’t count as informing the mayor

@BigBenji well yeah but I doubt they’d use the dark web take Prince Andrew for example he met up in a pizza express and did it through Jeffery

Status
Not open for further replies.