Job vacancy ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/job-vacancy-ads.22088/

Main Idea: Adverts are displayed for a certain job when the job is half full or less.

Full description of the idea: Sometimes for jobs like medics, there aren't any on duty when one is required. I propose that at regular intervals of 5/10 minutes, an advert is displayed to tell people that a certain type of job is available. This advert would be displayed if there is less than half the amount of available slots taken or the job. These adverts would only be made when the server is more that 3/4 full.

Jobs that this would apply to are:
  • Paramedic
  • Fire Fighter
  • Road Crew worked
  • Police Department
Examples:
[Advert] A vacancy is available at the hospital for a paramedic position. Sign up TODAY!
[Advert] Come to the Road Crew station to become a Road Crew worker TODAY!

Why should it be added?: Adding this will reduce the amount empty jobs, like medic and road crew. It will also help new players know where to join certain jobs.

Pros:
  • Will mean that jobs like paramedic and road crew worker are less likely to be left empty.
  • Can help inform new players where to get certain jobs.

Cons:
  • The adverts may end up spamming the chat.

Ayjay

Reaction score
The thing that would have to be balanced is the fact that sometimes when the server is empty-ish, not many jobs are actually taken; would this mean all of the jobs would spam the chat.. the same for times when people just aren't going cop or medic. Which job is advertised.. what if two jobs are empty.

There's a whole bunch of variables to this, and I do agree that some kind of advertisement is needed but from what I remember before if the police needs a few new faces a high ranking officer generally makes an advert. I understand where you're coming from with this, I just don't see the chat being very practical for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.