Server Suggestion Newspaper advert addition

Reaction score
There was a discussion that mentioned some advert function for the Newspapers, I thought of this while reading it.

Description of the idea: Be able to buy advert listings for the newspaper that's there for everyone to see with the newspaper, think of the /advert function but more semi-permanent. You would be able to choose the duration (IRL time) for your advert to stay on the newspaper, the longer the more expensive this would be. The amount of characters used should also impact the price for a advert listing. Basic formatting like bold, italics, etc. should be allowed, no colours or size modification, this should come without any further expenses.

Prices are up for discussion:
Base price: $3,000 for every advert listing you put up.
Price per character=$25
Duration price: Every 24 hours=$3,500 (Maximum of 168 Hours (7 Days), then you need to repurchase your listing)

Just like license plates they should be moderated and managed by Staff. Maybe Helpers should be able to approve these.

Why should this be added? (pros): -More ways to advert.

What negatives could this have? (cons): -Rich people buy out all the spaces/get other people to advertise for them (Staff need to prevent this as mentioned above, also limit to 1 space per person).
-Bit more work for staff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
seems like a really cool idea, really good way for people to get themselves out there for crafting and/or organisation recruitment adverts. Aswell as many other things

Ayjay

Reaction score
I'm unsure the newspaper if active in-game again yet. If it isn't, then it might make sense to review it and just display some stock stories along with mayor & tax informatiom alongside the advert system you've suggested.

On the topic of this suggestion, this is one of the better ways I've seen of implementing something like this - Having unmoderated adverts might prove to be an issue though, I'm unsure if it'd be more favourable by the community to have a form of approval done by helpers+ or we could rely on deleting shitty adverts and have staff punish them after the fact.

Whatever we decide, I'm going to be coding some stuff again real soon so I'll add this to the list!