Anyone know if this can be fixed?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5577
  • Start date

Deleted member 5577

I've got a razer Blackwidow v2 that has to some extent been covered in coke more than once and now my S key sometimes stops working and I have to press it until it does work :( Very annoying when a creeper comes along in Minecraft and I can't walk back away but can this be fixed or is it something I'd have to replace the whole keyboard for?

Reaction score
It's possible, but make sure you do it fast. Your keyboard has many mechanical metal parts and coke is highly corrosive. It will ruin your switches and springs if has been in contact with long enough.

Remove all keys from the affected area, though it cant hurt to remove them all and give em a proper wash. keyboards are fucking nasty.
Looking at some dissasembly guides(posted a good one below) you remove the front bezzle which gives you access to the front plate, clean this area up with some isopropyl alcohol, removing as many keycaps as you need. flip the white plate around to get access to the PCB, clean this up aswell

thats as much as you can really do, if the switch itself is fucked you can replace it, but it will require a soldering iron

Reaction score
you'd be better off getting a new keyboard, putting up with broken keys for years or trying to fix them is annoying as fuck, speaking from experience

also please don't buy razer shit again

Deleted member 5577

I probably will get a new keyboard soon why not razer what should I get instead :(

Deleted member 4983

razer keyboards are pretty overpriced, only buy razer for their mice.