Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Dank
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: Doped Betty
Your Roleplay Name: Joshua Hooper
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:79035984

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: For scamming in-game currency

Why should this appeal be considered?: This is the first time i've gotten a ban ever on gmod and why i am making this appeal is because
i was never meant to scam anyone. A guy in OOC chat was looking for someone who could sell him VIP,
so i wrote in chat i would sell him it for 50K(as a joke) he sent me the money without me knowing about it
And he kept telling me to give him VIP in OOC chat. At the time i was a paramedic and my Ambulance was looking like it bugged
and i asked my friend in discord if he knew how to fix it, he said go into video settings and turn on high quality or something
to get it fix and when i did it my game crashed and i was like F it i'm way too lazy to get back in and play. I took a break for like an hour and tried to get back in to play and i've realized that i have been banned.

Additional Information: Never expected it to turn out like this and i want to apologise for what i have caused, if i'm able to get unbanned i will give the money back for whoever gave it to me.

Reaction score

During the whole encounter in OOC with the buyer you never mentioned a joke. All you did was call him out that he had sent more money and you were not going to sell him.

You could have simply resolved it by returning the money which was handed OOC for a VIP purchase instead of keeping it and Scamming this person. You had plenty of time to return the money.

The logs also state you disconnected by hand.

8eaeaf8668614a5933f986e901d87ac2.png

1d18b23147779b764b731bb2224a6f00.png

Status
Not open for further replies.