Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Dank
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: 2766
Your Roleplay Name: Omar Smiff
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:35074350

Why were you punished?: Cheating / Exploiting

Why should this appeal be considered?: After my ban I decided to take some time away from the community because I I was not interested in partaking when I was not able to play the game server. At the time I wasn't bothered by the ban, mostly because I knew that I was guilty of cheating and well aware of the consequences of breaking those rules. I also think part of why I wasn't that bothered about not being able to play was because I was a little burnt out on the server and a lot of the time I spent on it was a negative experience for myself and the people that I interacted with on the server.

At the time of my ban I honestly did not care that I had cheated. I defended my own actions by claiming that although I had cheated it didn't matter much because it didn't affect my own pvp performance and that I was capable of killing everyone I had killed with the cheats without them aswell. Obviously regardless of whether it did help or not, which it definitely did, I put myself in a position of authority which I had absolutely no right to do. I today think that this was a betrayal of the trust of other people playing the server and it wasn't fair at all. If I was playing versus anyone else giving themselves an advantage through exploiting or cheating I myself would have been pissed so it was also quite hypocritical of me.

As those of you who knew me when I used to play will be painfully aware of, I really like competing and by cheating I corrupted something I myself valued on the server. I could argue for an hour with someone that PD was too op and how this negativly affected the PVP combat on the server while I myself was cheating. I think this was quite retarded of me and I am ashamed that I cheated.

While having time away from the server I can now see that my playtime was really mostly spent being quite negative and toxic. I think the reason for this I wasn't really happy a lot of the time when I was playing and me and the group of players I played with really spurred eachother on with the toxicity.

I feel that I am in another place mentally at this time and I am more aware of how I behave towards other people. I also don't think I would be playing the server the same way I used to in the past. I wouldn't be constantly trying to minmax PVP-only and see the server as an esport. I would make an effort to actually have fun and make the server fun for people around me.

I hope you will consider my appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.