Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Dave
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: jacue
Your Roleplay Name: Peter Groin
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:111324586

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5, 3.20 - Killed someone for seemingly no reason then disconnected while a report was opened on him.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Hello!

I just wanted to apologise for disconnecting yesterday evening, I had to sleep to be up ready for work today. I also had no idea that there was an active report open for me, nor was it communicated to me (There may be a way to see it on an interface in-game? I am unsure)
Had I known this I would've stayed and spoken to the member of staff dealing with the report, It was never my intention to avoid the discussion/punishment by disconnecting.

Furthermore, I believe the killing incident had occurred 20-30 minutes prior to me disconnecting, though If I'm incorrect here please feel free to correct me.

Also, If I could have a little confirmation around the rule numbers I'm said to have broken that would be great.
It reads on https://bans.perpheads.com/ that I was banned for '2.5, 3.20', these being: Excessive Negativity and Third party communication applications, these don't seem relevant to the incident mentioned in the report.

Either way I never intended to break rules and apologise for doing so, since this ban I have familiarised myself with them better.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello,
Let me break down the ban reason for you and we can go from there, you were originally reported for killing Donald Makarov outside the City Hall on the 5th of July 2023 at 23:30:26(BST). This accounts for the '2.5' in the ban reasoning, there was no apparent reason that I could find that justifies you killing him, this is why I opened a report with you to attempt to find out why, but seeing at you disconnected without answering I had nothing to prove that you had any reason to do this.
It reads on https://bans.perpheads.com/ that I was banned for '2.5, 3.20', these being: Excessive Negativity and Third party communication applications, these don't seem relevant to the incident mentioned in the report.
As I explained earlier, 2.5 is part of the ban due to you killing Donald Makarov for seemingly no reason.
3.20 is 'Disconnecting from the Server' not 'Third party communication applications (3.2)'. Where it states that you mustn't disconnect while in an Administrative Situation, a report was opened on you at about 23:44(BST) and you disconnected at 23:49(BST). Meaning you were in an administrative situation due to having a report on you, when a report is opened it gives a notification in the chat directing you to the F6 menu to see the report.

If you can specify to me why you killed Donald Makarov then I'd be happy to consider this apology.

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

thanks for replying so swiftly!

Thanks for the confirmation regarding the rule, that's an error on my behalf, mistaking 3.2 for 3.20.

I believe the situation at 22:30:26 yesterday was me killing somebody who had just shot and killed/attempted to kill multiple of my friends, I can't speak to the specifics of their report, but if I accidentally killed the wrong person, or there was a situation going on where I could no longer kill that individual, then I apologise and it's my mistake.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.