Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: steelo
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Weeks

Your Steam Name: Valurim
Your Roleplay Name: John Richard
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:154568770

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - As an SS agent, the user failed to comply with simple orders whilst under direct gunpoint.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Hello, let me me start by explaining the circumstances. So I was playing as Secret Service for a mayor with very radical policies, he was constantly being looked for and so I had to play extra attentively. As we were driving out of bazzar, an individual came to the vehicle with a gun equipped and pointed it asking us to get out of the vehicle. Given that I was dedicated to fulfilling my duty and it would have been humiliating if I had failed the one job I had, I exited the vehicle, equipped my gun, but was immediately killed— a violation of rule 3.4

I know that no matter what, I still broke the rules, but please allow me to clarify the circumstances. This was my first time ever being Secret Service and it would have been upsetting if I failed immediately, and I really did not want to upset the player who was the mayor so I decided to do what I did. I feel bad when I am unable to help others and especially when it is just me who is the one available. Like I said, I know this does not justify me but I hope you can understand the pressure that I had and commitment to help the mayor to the point of my own expense. It absolutely was a bad decision, it was not smart, I made it under pressure, and I ended up bothering the one who was actually holding us at gun point. I made this decision quickly and irrationally, and is not something I would otherwise have done. I understand the unenjoyable experience this causes to others and I myself have been in situations where this has happened and it has bothered me to great extent, but somehow I do the same thing when I’m the situation? This was absolutely unacceptable on my part and immense hypocrisy. Even as I type this out now I know how I would feel if I was the attacker and someone did this. The fact that I expect others to follow the rules while I myself did not is a clear indicator of selfishness, and thinking about this now makes me realize this and how I must change immediately.

The value that this server and its rules has to me is very great because it allows for an enjoyable experience for me to play with friends and the rules have clearly provided a concrete foundation for this to happen on. In previous situations like this I have blamed the rules for being problematic to justify my wrong doings, but now I understand that if it weren’t for these rules, I would not have spent so much time and effort on this server. This is a very good change for me and something that I had not previously realized until thinking about this ban that you righteously issued. Furthermore, with this in mind I firmly believe that I am capable of upholding the rules and making better decisions, making this an enjoyable experience to play for everyone. This ban issued to me has allowed me to understand the importance of the rules and how much they’re taken for granted. I understand in order for you to appeal this I must give you a reason to believe that I am honest and understand my actions, and thus will be dedicated to trying my best to not do this again, and I am. I believe that I am capable of upholding these rules as now I have a full grasp of the importance of them and an understanding of them. Evidently I will be honest, two weeks without my favorite game will not be a fun time, thus showing the value I have in this server. Obviously this is a common saying that is used once the punishment is enforced suddenly they are all sorry. Truly I am sorry, and my actions are unacceptable. Yet through this, I believe I can prove my change of character as well as my loyalty and dedication to keep the rules. The staff on this server have done an excellent job enforcing the rules and allowing for an enjoyable community and experience.

I apologize for how much I had previously abused these rules, but now it is clear to me that they are the primary reason I have dedicated so much of the past few months on this server. Thank you for the fun memories and I wish to make many more.

Reaction score

I greatly appreciate your apology, however due to the sheer amount of 3.4 punishments you have received within a relatively short time period, I would feel as though I myself am not upholding the rules to a standard that the players deserve if I were to reduce your ban at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.