Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @steelo
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Weeks

Your Steam Name: HowToGetName
Your Roleplay Name: Bob Bobbison
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:116639413

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5, 5.3 - After dying while raiding Regals 1, the user respawned and returned to Suburbs Storage to gear back up and attempt a counter raid on Church. The user and their associates opened fire on a group of individuals that were storing guns in their vehicle and preparing to leave at Graveyard. However, there was no raid taking place at Church and this was the same situation that the user had previously died during.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I never wanted to counter the church "raid" if i knew it wasnt a raid but instead the same people at regals. I died too early in the regals raid to see that they had anything to do with it. When me, Omar and Bjorn pulled up to the church we saw both gunmen from the rear and gunmen from the front with the doors open as if they raided the church. Also noticed that all the cop cars were pulled up to church and not regals therefor thinking further that it was a church raid. There was even a Cop dead on the staircase of church. I listed evidence from demos in the "Additional Information" section below. Im deeply sorry for my actions if i just had clue that they were from regals and not raiding church we would have never reacted with a counterraid

Additional Information: Gunman front + doors wide open. Cop dead on staircase

Gunman rear

Extra clip if it helps
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1Rc3Pp1814cRMU/d1337hPzwJRR?invite=cr-MSxYVEQsMTM1MTU4Mjgs

Reaction score

Regardless of the doors being opened and police arriving at Church to flank us, there wasn't enough of an indication that a raid was taking place at Church. You all heard no crowbars, bombs, etc. and this lead to you three opening fire into a group of players who were attempting to flee without reason.

For all you guys know, this could've been a police pursuit that ended in a shootout because someone was wanted for robbing the bank, or any other number of valid reasons to kill police.

With all of the evidence provided, I still am not willing to amend the 5.3 portion of your bans. I believe it was the responsibility of you all to consider that the shootout near Church could very well be an extension of the shootout that you all died in at Regals (which it was).

I encourage you to create a dispute if you believe that I have been unjust or simply wrong whilst handling this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.