Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Travis
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Months

Your Steam Name: Awasteoftime
Your Roleplay Name: -
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:95161896

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 1.2,1.4, 3.1 - User named himself a racial slur twice then continued trolling. You may make a ban appeal if you are ready to play seriously.

Why should this appeal be considered?: So it has been a month and 2 weeks since my ban and I still have 2 weeks left of my 2 months ban. Even though my previous ban appeal got denied and I got told to sit this ban out I still wanted to try 1 last time to appeal. I am going to start with explaining what exactly happened.

So I joined the server and I thought the rules would probably be the same like most DarkRP Gmod servers so I just quickly went trough the rules and I thought I knew enough because i have already played a lot of different DarkRP servers in my time. I spawned and I immediately got greeted by an “Choose an RP name screen” I typed in my steam name because I thought it was fine but before I pressed enter I wanted to test the name menu a bit before I chose a name so just typed in a racial slur and it said I had to choose another name. I was surprised and glad to see that the server had an filter for these kind of bad names so I tested it a bit more and eventually I got taken away by an Admin called Travis. The server did not have an filter, it was an Admin resetting my name the whole time! I did not know that that would happened so I said sorry and I got another chance of choosing an name. I was kind off in a funky and “trying to be funny” mood so I just copied and pasted the whole text screen of the name menu and chose that as a name. The Admin laughed a bit but I could hear that I was not being funny so i just thought I would take it seriously again and I was thinking about an name. I was thinking about it for a pretty long time and I even started to hear that the admins thought I was afk. I was afraid they would kick/ban me because I was “afk” in a sit so I was kind off In a hurry and i just used my steam name and I thought it would be fine. Then I heard something from the Admin but I couldn’t exactly hear what he said so I thought I would just wait until I was being brought back to spawn. It was taking a very long time and I saw another Admin on the roof so I just asked him if he could bring me back and he said in a funny laughing way: “Yeah right after you will get unbanned”. I was panicking and I said “why am i being banned?!” but without discussion I got banned for 2 weeks. My appeal said that I could make an appeal if I could play seriously again so I appealed and I indeed got unbanned.

I got an random name when I joined the server so i send a message to an Staff member and I got another chance to make a name. I indeed thought that AWasteOfTime is not a good real name so I was thinking and eventually I thought that maybe translating my steam name to Latin would make for an awesome name. I got Perditio Tempus when I put it in google translate and I sounded amazing! I thought that the staff would think that I was just trying to evade my name with translating it to Latin but I genuinely thought that it sounded like a real name. If you look online popular Latin names and translate those to English you will get the weirdest and most unfitting names. For example: Agrippina means Colonist, Afra means from Africa and Armida means armed person. All Latin names translated to English sounds weird just like my steam name so I thought it would be fine. Well I guess not. The admin gave me a random name again so I just accepted it and went on playing the server. 5 minutes later I got banned for 2 weeks. Just like my first ban I got banned without any discussion whatsoever. I was mad so I appealed but I got denied. I was extremely mad because I thought my ban was bullshit. My friends where playing the server and I was getting really jealous and I knew that I had another Gmod account so I joined what that account thinking that or I will get kicked/banned for using an alt or I was able to join and play the server. I never intended to be annoying or trying to break the server if it did work to join the server with my alt. I indeed as expected got my alt banned but when I later checked my ban on the perpheads bans tab I saw that my ban from my main account got extended from 2 weeks to 2 months! I now explained everything that happened and that went on my mind so now I want to start the apologies.

As I said in the beginning my racial slurs were never intended to be used in-game but if I offended you in any way because of that then I want to apologize for that. I want to apologize for using my steam name as an RP name. I never intended to say that the server was an waste of time if you thought that but it was just my steam name. I indeed never read the section in the rules that you would need an actual real name so again sorry for that. I really thought that changing my steam name to Latin would be a very good real name like I explained earlier but I guess I was going a bit far fetched with that so I apologize for that. Now lastly the worst thing that I did. The ban evade. I should never have done that. It was really stupid of me and I would never do something like that ever again if i would be banned or denied again. This is the ending of my apologies.

Now I want to say something that I think the admins did wrong. Both of the times that I got banned the admins never went into discussion with me even thought in the beginning of the rules page it says “If an administrator believes you have broken a rule or acted inappropriately, you will be expected to discuss the incident with the administrator”. I was never able to discuss the reasons why I was doing some things so I needed to say my reasons a lot of times in my appeals. It would be nice if the admins would not do something like that again. Now I would not have appealed again if it was not for an certain reason. My winter break of 2 weeks is starting today. If I stay banned for another 2 weeks then that would mean I cant play this server in my break time and that would be very unfortunate because I am very excited to play this server again. If this appeal gets denied again then I will just accept it and wait the last 2 weeks out.

Sorry for this EXTREMELY long appeal but I just had to explain everything that happened so you will hopefully understand everything. Again I am sorry for the things that I did wrong.

With kind regards,

Thomas

Additional Information: This appeal is for my friend, AwasteOfTime.

Reaction score

I do not usually do this for people who ban evade but given this situation I am willing to lift your ban and give you another chance. The majority of the ban has passed and it seems like you have understood where you went wrong. Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.