Ban Bhopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Put a direct mention of Bhopping into rule 3.3

What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:3.3
Your version of the rule: Include specific mention of Bunny Hopping as opposed to vague "unrealistic movement"
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: Never witnessed a man Bunny hop full speed into a firefight and accurately fire a long barrel rifle. This will probably upset the zoomers who like to spin round like a Beyblade and destroy people but hey ho worth a shout

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jumping once during combat or jumping through a door way shouldnt Constitute towards bhop, in a raid scenario it’s not too difficult to counter, is difficult to execute correctly, and in some situations is the only way to get the drop on a pixel peeker.

Reaction score
earlier this year, some other staff member and i were about to give someone either a ban or a warning for bhopping in a shootout, dude was literally jumping across the street, completely in the open and everything, until we checked the staff slack just to see "oh yeah bhopping isn't against the rules" (it didn't say exactly that, probably something about it being allowed because it's difficult to enforce or whatever) and i've never disagreed with anything more

fuck bhopping, all my homies hate bhopping
BHopping is allowed? It literally states in 3.3 that combat should be as realistic as possible, I have NEVER in person or on video in real life seen a dude jumping and crouching mid-air down a street while having next to no aim disadvantage so long as you come to a full stop. IRL you HAVE to stop and re-adjust your aim because jumping up and down sends your arms flying up and down from the inertia, sudden shift in direction and velocity changes, which throws your gun up and down. This discussion is literally raindancing all over again, it's pretty obvious it shouldn't be allowed.

It's one thing to jump through a doorway to throw off your opponent, but rapidly crouching and jumping repeatedly is a big no from me.

All that happened here is he rushed out of the doorway, jumped and adjusted himself mid-air to look in my general direction. He had to stop and re-adjust his aim for a few moments when he came to a full stop, this could have lead to his death had I not been so shit at shooting. It's also a major gamble because the defender rarely knows exactly how many people are waiting to firing squad him on the stair case.

It's pretty safe to say that if you physically cannot do something in real life, you shouldn't be able to do it on the server.
Like @Butterman561 said below, I don't consider a single jump as b-hopping, but repeated jumps to avoid getting shot at and you're starting to go into dangerous waters. I understand that it's instinctive for some people to smash their keyboard when trying to avoid their death but I recommend learning not to.

Reaction score
Jumping once during combat or jumping through a door way shouldnt Constitute towards bhop, in a raid scenario it’s not too difficult to counter, is difficult to execute correctly, and in some situations is the only way to get the drop on a pixel peeker.

As Madlyn posted above; in no way should that be allowed, it isn't realistic and needs clear definition that it is against the rules.

Saying that it is the only way to kill people in certain positions, the defender should have every advantage against people trying to murder them.

Reaction score
In fairness even although this shouldn't be allowed, most other gmod servers allow it, and it does make it a hard rule to follow when you're on other servers jumping into bases and then you switch to perp, its almost a reaction. As much as I agree with your rule change I just think it would be hard to properly enforce//be unfair to players who jump based on a reaction or whatever. I often jump into cover as a reaction being shot at. I'd probably have a hefty ban for it now if it was enforced

Reaction score
I'm gonna say it again, taking a running jump, at a narrow doorway, with a 3 foot rifle, entering 6 foot inside the base and opening fire, is not realistic

Reaction score

As Madlyn posted above; in no way should that be allowed, it isn't realistic and needs clear definition that it is against the rules.

Saying that it is the only way to kill people in certain positions, the defender should have every advantage against people trying to murder them.
Defender is peeking behind 2 layers of cover, if George didn’t jump into the apartment he either would have walked into Madelyns crosshair or died to the guy behind the barricade. The defence in question is elaborately set up in a way that means that the most effective method of pushing would be to run and jump behind it.

Reaction score
Defender is peeking behind 2 layers of cover, if George didn’t jump into the apartment he either would have walked into Madelyns crosshair or died to the guy behind the barricade. The defence in question is elaborately set up in a way that means that the most effective method of pushing would be to run and jump behind it.
That's the point, he's defending behind a barricade where someone who is TRYING TO KILL HIM has to push in or use explosives to siege him.

Reaction score
You ever heard of a thing called a grenade?

Reaction score
In fairness even although this shouldn't be allowed, most other gmod servers allow it, and it does make it a hard rule to follow when you're on other servers jumping into bases and then you switch to perp, its almost a reaction. As much as I agree with your rule change I just think it would be hard to properly enforce//be unfair to players who jump based on a reaction or whatever. I often jump into cover as a reaction being shot at. I'd probably have a hefty ban for it now if it was enforced
most other gmod servers allow it,
This isn't most other GMOD servers, This is Perpheads. This game mode is meant to simulate somewhat of real life, with exceptions of course, but running and jumping are different to Jumping.

Reaction score
Just for context, I received a warning for this, which you can find here, In my opinion, Running and jumping should not be allowed at all, as it is clearly unrealistic.
Which I then unsuccessfully disputed, indicating that Senior Administration agrees that it isn't allowed unless I'm just a special case.

Reaction score
Very exaggerated response: not realistic to sprint while carrying a fat sniper rifle tbf.

I worry that banning more and more types of movement (that is possible in game) will send us down a dangerous rabbit hole.

Reaction score
Just for context, I received a warning for this, which you can find here, In my opinion, Running and jumping should not be allowed at all, as it is clearly unrealistic.
Which I then unsuccessfully disputed, indicating that Senior Administration agrees that it isn't allowed unless I'm just a special case.
Oh you’re a special case dont alright :booty:

Reaction score
Very exaggerated response: not realistic to sprint while carrying a fat sniper rifle tbf.

I worry that banning more and more types of movement (that is possible in game) will send us down a dangerous rabbit hole.
EZ Solution, cannot sprint (using alt) with a gun in attack stance, it forces it back into passive.

Status
Not open for further replies.