Ban Bhopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Put a direct mention of Bhopping into rule 3.3

What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:3.3
Your version of the rule: Include specific mention of Bunny Hopping as opposed to vague "unrealistic movement"
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: Never witnessed a man Bunny hop full speed into a firefight and accurately fire a long barrel rifle. This will probably upset the zoomers who like to spin round like a Beyblade and destroy people but hey ho worth a shout

Last edited:
Reaction score
EZ Solution, cannot sprint (using alt) with a gun in attack stance, it forces it back into passive.
Pretty certain it puts it into passive when alt sprinting anyway. Of course this is all my opinion But I just don’t want to slow down combat even more.

Reaction score
This isn't most other GMOD servers, This is Perpheads. This game mode is meant to simulate somewhat of real life, with exceptions of course, but running and jumping are different to Jumping.
Shock, gmod players associate gmod servers with other servers ;) the main point I was trying to get over there was reaction based movement were its not really the players fault

Reaction score
Shock, gmod players associate gmod servers with other servers ;) the main point I was trying to get over there was reaction based movement were its not really the players fault
I don't see how running and jumping inside a base is a reaction, it's more so a choice someone makes, not a reaction, A reaction would be jumping unexpectedly when being shot.

Reaction score
This is only 'allowed' at the moment as it's literally not enforceable consistently at all.

There have been some updates to prevent people from taking advantage of this such as your aim going through the roof when jumping and other things, but it would probably be best to suggest server updates to further restrict people from 'moving unrealistically' as we're just not gonna enforce something that can't be enforced consistently. People also do some of this instinctively and it just wouldn't always be fair to enforce it like this.
I think all of you have failed to see or have just blindly ignored my quotation marks.

This is against the rules but SA's decision is that bhopping and other similar movements are 'allowed' as it cannot be consistently enforced at the moment. Which is why I'm suggesting you lot make server suggestions to restrict movement in situations like this such as your accuracy being severely decreased whilst airborne.

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread can clarify that flopping through doorways and bunnyhopping is in fact apart of this rule.
I quoted this rule in a report with the video I posted earlier, staff said it was allowed since they didn't enforce it. Hope this thread changes something

Reaction score
@nutrient10 I don't see how this could possibly be allowed now. @Aquaa ended up making an AR on me for bhopping, which got denied then accepted.
If this is the case, I may aswell go ahead and dispute half of that warning.
SA clarified this with us during the first week of June, you're free to make another dispute but I can't recommend it'll be accepted as that happened a few months before this clarification.

Reaction score
Raider breaks Olympic long jump record while carrying ak-101

I understand you zoomer staff members don't appreciate my comments bringing awareness to your shady raiding techniques, however if you could retort instead of just deleting my post, this would be appreciated

If the meaning of this message is somehow lost on you, it attempts to highlight the lunacy of the technique in question by placing it inside a comical scenario that of course is not possible in the real world - therefore arguing in favour of the opinion that bhopping should indeed be prohibited

Thank you

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't see how running and jumping inside a base is a reaction, it's more so a choice someone makes, not a reaction, A reaction would be jumping unexpectedly when being shot.
I don't remember mentioning anywhere about running and jumping into bases...

Reaction score
It doesn't make any sense. How do people want serious RP and complain about people raiding 24/7 and then the same people think that BHOPPING should be allowed?
If you wanna BHOP go to DARKRP, BHOP Server or CS
+Support

Reaction score
Reminds me of the rain dance meta (god bless), unfortunately as @ShadowJoey said if you start banning movement to an extend it leads to a ton of issues with staff discretion and consistencies among staff, something that is already trash

Status
Not open for further replies.