Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: A1L
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: 213
Your Roleplay Name: Christina Jones
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:19662238

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.6, 3.4, 3.6 - User was being mugged in the back of a bazaar shop and proceeded to walk out of the shop when given orders to close the door, then proceeded to start telling the mugger in LOOC that they weren't allowed to do so, in which they still failed to comply with orders after a bit, which resulted in their death.

Why should this appeal be considered?: From early on, I was told to always have both doors of my Bazaar shop locked open to protect me from getting mugged as I would be in direct sight of public view, and that if I were to ever be held in gun point to close the door, it would just be a bait tactic. I never had a problem by doing so until today. I was told that it was unrealistic to have my doors locked open. I would understand if it were property such as apartments, but this is a shop open to the public! All stores are private property IRL, but store owners leave the door open for customers all the time. I don't understand how that would be any different in this case. I was in the process of extending my shop into the back where I would have more items for sale--actually utilizing the entirety of my shop instead of the limited area in the front. Whether my dispute gets approved, reduced, or denied, I would appreciate any clarification on whether or not this would've been a public mugging, so that I can refrain from doing so in the future.

Additional Information: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/hVVPKSvPjD6J6/d1337T6L5iYt?invite=cr-MSwyVGssNjExMDIxMTIs

Reaction score

Rule 2.6 states:
If a player(s) is in a role-play situation with another player(s) who has broken a rule, after the report function (F6 key) has been used, the former player(s) should continue the role-play situation as best as to their ability, and within the confines of the rules, until either it has ended and/or an Administrator intervenes.
Even if you felt that Rule 5.1 was indeed being broken, you should have still complied as far as you reasonably could. Afterwards, your items would have then been retrieved and the mugger warned or banned. However 5.1 was not broken in this instance and you did indeed break 3.4 and 3.6.

As a point of clarity, locking both of your doors open does not prevent a mugging from taking place in the rear of a Bazaar Shop. Although @Aquaa should have probably not done it in view of the doorway and instead stayed behind one of the doors, he did do the right thing in compelling you to unlock and close the doors as soon as possible, and did stay hidden for the most part before you walked in - only getting close and approaching you to enforce the gunpoint.

Reviewed with @Collier and @Hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.