Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Collier
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Weeks

Your Steam Name: Alex Coles
Your Roleplay Name: Alex Coles
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:7582942

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: Apparently because I escalated a traffic stop into a chase, was obnoxious and then disconnected.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Well I wanted to dispute all of it. First, I was carrying weapons so didnt want to get stopped. I understand its concern for life and fear RP and stuff but my point of view, driving away and finding a safe space was fine. The police got out loads of cars and spikes for 1 stupid car fleeting a traffic stop which is utterly ridiculous and hugely unrealistic but okay, I understand. Police can do whatever they want and everyone else has to fall in line. I didnt expect them to leverage the entire force with command cars and spikes for one car fleeting a traffic stop.

Second, I was amazed that the POLICE actually reported me when they already spiked me, fined me and jailed me. Why the hell are the police taking a gameplay mechanic (police chase) and making it OOC by reporting me? That is so shitty. Literally after dealing with me and spiking a car for fleeing, they then report me. So great. there is literally nothing you can do about police giving you a $1000 ticket for driving 1mph over the speed limit. Even if you try and outrun a traffic stop you get spiked oh and also BANNED.

Third, I did not disconnect. Clearly Coolier is blind because my game crashed and as soon as I rejoined at about 2pm or just before, I posted in /ooc that my game crashed and could the admin who was talking to me please open the ticket again and keep talking to me. I love how Coolier didn't even check if I was online when he banned me, because I was literally online when he banned me yet the ban says I disconnected.

Also two weeks is ridiculous considering I was cooperative and had only exchanged about 2 or 3 messages regarding this. Less than 5 minute after the report, without even hearing my side or checking if I was online, got banned.

Frankly I am pretty annoyed this whole situation, shows exactly where the power lies on the server. Police who are clearly not RPing but taking things immediately to admins and then admins who dont even bother to check their ban is even half right when they ban. Incompetent all round.

Reaction score
I cant upload to YT due to restrictions, so can you just please just request demo or something

Reaction score
Can't request a demo directly from you to the server if you're not on the server, upload the clip to something like google drive or streamable if youtube does not work

Reaction score
I can post this now, whilst I work on the demo and stuff, it is evidence of the final point. But honestly the whole thing self explanatory. I did get in a chase, I did get spiked, the police reported me, what else is there to say? Then my game crashed and I logged back in and said this. There is nothing else to this ridiculous ban that I got for being "obnoxious" (for laughing at the police when I was told they reported me) then supposedly disconnecting.

Attachments

• PHevidence.jpg
    PHevidence.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
I had already opened SCAMBans to issue the ban after I saw that you disconnected, but got caught up in a roleplay situation before I could finish up the ban. I had not noticed you reconnecting, but judging by your attitude in the report and reading the logs proving you manually left, admittedly I just assumed you did it to be difficult.

f7eb40c4c7c5e55b6381f7e343c15f09.png

ab9499c4c4f80108e949714066a397a1.png

I am merely replying to contextualise this, this dispute will be dealt with by a different group of staff members.

Reaction score
So here we have collier admitting three things. 1) he was perfectly happy to ban me without even bothering to hear my side of the story or discuss the matter. In fact, he has admitted he doesnt even give players more than a few minutes before he bans them. Very fair. 2) he was unaware of OOC or that I wanted to continue the discussion 3) that he banned me for "obnoxious" and "disconnecting" and also that he "assumed I did it to be difficult". Brilliant, the head administrator(?) is banning people based on what he assumes. Great stuff collier. Obviously this false assumption caused him to write me up a longer ban based on a completely nonsense premise. Very professional.

Also, as I said in the f6, isnt the point of the cops to do their jobs and not cry to admins? The server is ROLEPLAY server. I understand the admins should get involved where rules are clearly being broken. But why are cops taking a police chase, which is basically a RP situation, and taking it OOC and trying to get my banned? What on earth? And Coolier perfectly happy to ban me without even a moments thought. Ridiculous. Also as a side note, I wonder which cop reported me and what is really going on. Because usually it takes at best 10 minutes for reports to get read, at best. Sometimes it takes hours. This report got read and dealt with in less than a minute. I was barely even in jail before I got Coolier talking to me. Just think its amazing how when the average player reports, its minimum 10 minutes to hours to never and admins discuss the matter with all players and often nothing gets done because the situation isnt clear. But when a cop reports, within less than a minute I am being talked at by admin and based on what Coolier said above, within 2-3 minutes of the event, he has already taken decision to ban me for 2 weeks and isn't bothered about hearing my side or explaining anything.

At absolute worse, this is a situation where player failed to fear for life or something about proportionality. Which I do NOT accept because driving away from police does not result in death and does not result in being chased by 6 cop cars and a command car with spikes FFS. It does not result in such ridiculous force. It mostly results in you getting away and lying low. Or accepting the consequences of failure to do so. Which is all RP. But perp has it the other way around - perp has no problem with 20 police and TFU gunning you down for a traffic stop. Oh no, the escalation is YOU, not the 6 TFU with heavy snipers shooting at you for avoiding a $500 ticket. Its so backwards, ridiculous and literally the opposite of real life (if real life is what is supposedly being imitated). Then of course, the cops escalating even more from RP to OOC and admins. And I am allegedly the one who escalated this. The irony is actually disgusting. Anyway, at best its failure to fear for life. Which is not a goddam 2 week ban. The only reason this ban is 2 weeks is because coolier is having a bad day, he thought I was being "obnoxious" (subjective, not a reason to ban) and that I disconnected, which isnt true. My game crashed. So yes, it probably says I disconnected, I disconnected because the whole game froze.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Escalated pursuit, check.

Disconnected manually, check.

Obnoxious, definitely.

Also I’m extending your ban for trying to lie about your game crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.