Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Ellie
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: dentaldoritos
Your Roleplay Name: Maddi Stone
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:483755076

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5

Why should this appeal be considered?: Failure to produce evidence of the rules I have broken. Asked to check damage logs so I could prove previous altercation, was told that damage is only logged if you start bleeding. After coming off my ban last week I have been playing really carefully and have read all the rules and I can assure you I wouldn't just mass rdm'd several players without a reason

Reaction score
As I've explained to you both on the forum PM and our conversation on discord YOU have to provide evidence from your POV that you didn't break any rules. And this being a dispute, you, yet again, have to provide the evidence yourself.

I offered help with your demo but you were adamant not to do anything but just be unbanned.

Reaction score
As I've explained to you both on the forum PM and our conversation on discord YOU have to provide evidence from your POV that you didn't break any rules. And this being a dispute, you, yet again, have to provide the evidence yourself.

I offered help with your demo but you were adamant not to do anything but just be unbanned.
I told you I don't know how to record my demo, therefore there's no recording. I've also asked for logs to be checked which no effort has been made to do so.
I have no evidence, but why should I have to produce some anyway? As far as I am aware, there is no evidence that exists/i have been shown against me.

Here's the facts;
You have no recording/evidence to show me
I have no recording/evidence to show you
I have been banned under what now appears to be just a report a player made with no evidence

Reaction score

As stated, the recording of the demo file perpheads_demo_2023-6-9 19-58-51 will still be required from you to determine the whole situation. If you've already been guided to fetching and running your demo file, follow the steps as instructed if you wish for this dispute to be looked into. Please also keep in mind that staff doesn't need evidence or a recording prior if they believe you've broken the rule, this is why disputes are here for.

Reaction score

As stated, the recording of the demo file perpheads_demo_2023-6-9 19-58-51 will still be required from you to determine the whole situation. If you've already been guided to fetching and running your demo file, follow the steps as instructed if you wish for this dispute to be looked into. Please also keep in mind that staff doesn't need evidence or a recording prior if they believe you've broken the rule, this is why disputes are here for.
I have just submitted a clip because I don't have any demos recorded.

Reaction score
I have just submitted a clip because I don't have any demos recorded.
Hence why you need to run the demo in-game and then record it with a recording software, that clip won't cut it because it barely shows the situation that occurred, the demo will show the full thing, are you saying that you don't have the file or what?

Reaction score
ok my pc isnt good enough to open demos, gmod crashes when i try to open them. Whats wrong with the clip i uploaded?

Reaction score
ok my pc isnt good enough to open demos, gmod crashes when i try to open them. Whats wrong with the clip i uploaded?
Ok, in that case, upload the demo file through MEGA or Google Drive and share the link. I'll watch the demo and record it, your clip doesn't show the whole situation and it doesn't allow us to determine more about the subject punishment.

Reaction score
Ok, in that case, upload the demo file through MEGA or Google Drive and share the link. I'll watch the demo and record it, your clip doesn't show the whole situation and it doesn't allow us to determine more about the subject punishment.
ive sat and watched the entire demo and got the clips i need: https://streamable.com/f6r26u https://streamable.com/0fwbph

edit: after reviewing it multiple times i realised I killed the wrong person who beat my friend to death. Thats all I can see that i did wrong. A simple misunderstanding. The crash was an accident

Reaction score
And you can see in the 2nd video that I started bleeding after being hit with the baseball bat.

Attachments

• proof against ellie.GIF
    proof against ellie.GIF
    27.9 KB · Views: 13

A1L

Reaction score
And you can see in the 2nd video that I started bleeding after being hit with the baseball bat.

You were just taking damage, not bleeding from the damage taken, you were just low health hence why the blood was on your screen and no heart came up indicating you were bleeding

ive sat and watched the entire demo and got the clips i need: https://streamable.com/f6r26u https://streamable.com/0fwbph

edit: after reviewing it multiple times i realised I killed the wrong person who beat my friend to death. Thats all I can see that i did wrong. A simple misunderstanding. The crash was an accident

We see, this will be reviewed shortly.

Reaction score

After a thorough discussion with administrator @A1L & taking into consideration the evidence provided, you showed no regard to slowing down killing that roadcrew member whilst turning the corner not to mention you also admitted to killing the wrong person which is both a breach of 2.5. The ban reason has been edited and detailed by @Ellie accordingly.

If you want a chance of being unbanned, consider not causing staff trouble via off-community platforms and display a sign that you take people seriously, feel free to submit an apology through the punishment appeals to the staff member who issued the punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.