Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Ellie Gempost
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Weeks

Your Steam Name: 28888458581
Your Roleplay Name: Trae Realis
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:805889829

Why were you punished?: MetaGaming

Why should this appeal be considered?: Ellie Gempost made a bold assumption of the people in my car metagaming. Our group prefers to cook in silence because of paper thin walls and just chillin. I then go to sell drugs and then I hear shots, received an alert on my phone of my home being robbed, and sped toward the crib. I left after Ellie Gempost told me she was gonna ban me in the meantime.

Reaction score
You were being demo requested and you didn't do that and decided to go "AFK" in the admin sit. In a dispute, you have to provide some evidence such as a video or demo.

Here is a guide on how you find and upload your demo:

Reaction score
You were being demo requested and you didn't do that and decided to go "AFK" in the admin sit. In a dispute, you have to provide some evidence such as a video or demo.

Here is a guide on how you find and upload your demo:
You said you were gonna ban me so I just left bro what? And I don't have anything in the folder it directed me to.

Reaction score
You said you were gonna ban me so I just left bro what? And I don't have anything in the folder it directed me to.
Are you sure there’s nothing in the ph demos folder within your gmod data folder? Since you have no evidence uploaded at this moment, you should check again and provide it or this may end up being denied due to insufficient evidence.

Reaction score
There's nothing in there I have my pc optimized.
This server requires that demos aren't disabled and are not deleted before 21 days since they were recorded, if they have not been kept for this time period this dispute may be denied for lack of evidence and you won't be allowed to play until the issue has been rectified regardless of the outcome of this dispute.

Would you be able to encourage any of the friends you are accused of metagaming with to provide their demos as substitute? Alternatively if you contact me directly I may be able to help you find them.

Reaction score
All recordings are blocked and deletes unessacary files automatically for optimization, It got caught at either one.

Reaction score
All recordings are blocked and deletes unessacary files automatically for optimization, It got caught at either one.
I see, what software are you using to do this if you don't mind me asking? I'm very curious how it can decide what files are and aren't necessary.

Reaction score
Idk what software it is, my friend optimized my pc for me for free.
How do you control this program? How does it decide what programs and files are unnecessary? I personally would be rather worried if a random program that someone else installed on my computer could decide to remove any of my files at any time without my ability to predict/control/stop it.

Reaction score
How do you control this program? How does it decide what programs and files are unnecessary? I personally would be rather worried if a random program that someone else installed on my computer could decide to remove any of my files at any time without my ability to predict/control/stop it.
Your personal opinion about the security and trust of someone optimizing my pc is irrelevant. I do not know how what he did works, but I assume it sees large unessacary files, I know as much as you.

Reaction score
Would you be able to provide us with an actual screenshot of the phdemos folder to confirm that the demo we have requested does not exist? As we have consulted with a developer who confirmed that the server did in fact locate the requested demo on your system at the time of the request being sent.

For confirmation, the file we are after is: perpheads_demo_2024-2-17 20-32-08.dem

Reaction score
I do not know how what he did works, but I assume it sees large unessacary files, I know as much as you.
Regardless of the outcome of this dispute this system will have to be disabled so that demos can be saved and kept before you'll be able to rejoin the server.

Can you encourage one of the several people you were accused of metagaming with provide a demo? If not this dispute will be denied.
Let me know if you can get this from one of them an I'll see about getting a specific demo name.

Reaction score
No evidence against me or for me, I'm confused why we're still talking here when there's no evidence.

Reaction score
No evidence against me or for me, I'm confused why we're still talking here when there's no evidence.
Ordinarily you would provide the evidence to substanciate your claim that the ban was wrongful, since you have failed to follow your obligation to record and keep the required demos you have the opportunity to get one from one of the involved players.

Reaction score
Where is the evidence to substanciate your claim that the ban was rightful.

Reaction score

As you have failed to provide the required demo this dispute is being denied due to lack of evidence.

You have an obligation to provide evidence for your dispute not us, I have given you plenty of opportunity to do so.
Additionally your ban will be extended for your breach of 1.6 by deleting your demos and lying about the circumstances of their deletion.

Reviewed with @3izu @steelo and @peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.