Ban Dispute (Exnem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Points
145
Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Exnem
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: deni1741
Your Roleplay Name: Yilmaz Montana
Your SteamID: 76561198862411958

Why were you punished?: 2.5, 3.4 - User arrived at Tidals to the sound of crowbarring. Without further investigation- ran upstairs and shot the first person they saw, which sparked an entirely unnecessary shootout, killing one person and resulting in their own death.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I believe my ban should be reconsidered because the situation happened very quickly during what I believed was a counter-raid.

Me and some friends arrived and heard someone crowbarring a door. I ran inside to see where the raid was happening. When I reached the second floor, I saw one guy running around with an AK fully out. Because of that, I expected the people involved in the raid to be armed.

I then saw another guy near apartment 201 and reacted too quickly by shooting at him. I hit him once, but as soon as I realized he was unarmed, I immediately stopped shooting and told him to put his hands up. I understand that shooting first was my mistake, and I take responsibility for that.

I tried to correct the situation instead of continuing to shoot him, but shortly after, he pulled out a gun and his friend also started shooting at me. At that point, the situation turned into a normal shootout.

I know the rules, and I did not intentionally RDM anyone. I simply reacted too quickly because I had just seen his friend with an AK and mistakenly thought he was armed as well.

I will provide my POV so you can see exactly what happened. I understand that I made a mistake, but I feel that a 3-day ban is quite harsh considering I immediately stopped when I realized he was unarmed and tried to handle the situation correctly afterward.

I hope you can review the evidence and reconsider the length of my ban.

Additional Information: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/ntU9juZdkg1DugBpN?invite=cr-MSx3eXUsNTI3NDU3ODE3
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Is this a dispute? It reads like one to me.
If so then this will be handled by other staff members.
 
So you do admit to breaking the rules but you think the length is too harsh, correct?
 
Yeah, that's correct. I know I shouldn't have hit the unarmed guy, but if you look at the clip I sent, you can see that it was a mistake. I even tried to aim away from him rather than at him while shooting. It was simply a human mistake.

I heard that there was an ongoing raid, and when I saw the first person with a gun, I knew it was them. In that situation, I think I did the right thing by reacting, but I made a mistake by hitting the unarmed guy.

Again, I really hope you will take a look at the clip, as I believe it shows that I didn't intentionally shoot him.

Thanks for the fast response.
 


We will be closing this, as Ban Disputes are not to be used to dispute the length of a punishment. Here is a quick guide on what to do in each case, so you know for the next time.
  • If you agree with the validity of the punishment and the length but you wish to apologize, you can make a Ban Apology.
  • If you disagree with the validity of the punishment, you can make a Ban Dispute.
  • If you agree with the validity of the ban but not the length or the way the staff member handled it, you can make a Staff Complaint.
Staff Complaints are reviewed by Administrators+, you can follow the link I have embedded and create one if so you wish.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top