Appealing for: Ban
Appeal type: Dispute
Which staff member banned you: Tom
How long were you banned for: 6 Days

Your Steam Name
: jigo_
Your In-game Name: Mark Eggers
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:64496784

Why were you banned/blacklisted: 2.5, 4.1, 3.20 - User killed a man who was AFK at City Hall spawn for no reason at all, and did so whilst an officer. User disconnected straight after doing so.
Why should this appeal be considered: The events did not unfold as described.

Additional Comment(s): There I was. I had just joined the police force for one of the first times, at present unfamiliar with the correct, advisable conduct for an office. I responded to an in-game request for help at spawn from a user by the IGN of Abduul Rasheem. He reported to me that he had received abuse from the other player, who, prior to the presence of an officer, was not AFK. He was not AFK until I arrived. I pulled my gun in order to get the attention of the player who I knew was not truly AFK but was merely playing a cheeky, scandalous move. The gun was pointed at the player. It was at this very moment that the catastrophic events unfolded. Incredibly, my game froze, as it often does. In response to this dire situation I begin to spam click my mouse with the aim of crashing the game. Although I successfully closed the game, I also killed the player in my frantic panic of clicking. This was terribly unfortunate. I attempted to rejoin the server, to attempt to explain my mistake, however this was not possible. Thus, I found myself isolated and cut off from the loyal perp community, a sentence I never could have predicted - and all for an accident. I am terribly sorry for my wrong doings, although I hope you have the compassion to understand that it was an event out of my control. Please find it in your heart to unban me.

Yours sincerely, theperphead.

Reaction score
Relatively Involved
He reported to me that he had received abuse from the other player, who, prior to the presence of an officer, was not AFK. He was not AFK until I arrived. I pulled my gun in order to get the attention of the player who I knew was not truly AFK but was merely playing a cheeky, scandalous move
IDK about the rest but this is not true, I was with him when he went afk, and I was also there when he was shot.

He was afk for a good long time, if I recall correctly more than 10 minutes, and I believe you pistol sniped him from quite far before leaving the server.

I will get my own demo shortly.

Reaction score

I included just under 7 minutes just to show that attacker didn't do anything that would give the officer any reason to suspect that he was pretending to be afk, or gave him any reason to have a weapon out..

However after reviewing the footage myself I don't think anything more than the last 30 seconds were really needed, he clearly moves to cover so he can't be seen, and takes the time to line up a head shot, in my eyes that shows complete intention, but even if it didn't, what are the odds that if you were crashing and spamming left click that only 1 single shot would go through, and it would land exactly on the head killing the suspect immediately, but I'm sure you really got his attention... from a mile away... behind him, before you shot him.

If you were attempting to detain the suspect and you had any reason to believe he was a danger to you, you would have been moving towards the suspect, not taking cover behind a pillar where you can't be seen by anyone and peaking, especially when the person is facing in the complete other direction.

Also, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if you crash suddenly like this which entirely kill your game, to the server it is a time out not a disconnect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.